• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68 one owner GTX

Very nice, that's a real sharp car!
I remember when people where pin striping and etching the side glass, cool stuff.

HOLY COW!
Great story!
Great car and terrific engine!
One word: SWEET!

Thanks for joining the forum.
Welcome aboard.

Been putting a few miles on it of late.

DSC_4884-cropped.jpg

Had to go with the ugly blackwalls. Couldn't find 3/8" whitewall 235-70 tires and Diamondback (Rusty, Richard or James) wouldn't answer their e-mails or get me out of the endless loop of "your call is important to us" when I tried to phone them.

View attachment 293644

Had to go with the ugly blackwalls. Couldn't find 3/8" whitewall 235-70 tires and Diamondback (Rusty, Richard or James) wouldn't answer their e-mails or get me out of the endless loop of "your call is important to us" when I tried to phone them.

Sonny thinks it looks better in BLACK..//////..HOT FAST AND BLACK, like I like my-----------------------> cars

View attachment 293644

love the car! and the pic...... PRICELESS!

Welcome. Very cool car and story. Looks great. You may want to try Coker for the tires you're after. They're not radials (in my opinion, that's a good thing), but they'll have the whitewalls you're looking for. I too am the original owner of my '69 Road Runner. Grandfather put it in my name when he purchased it. I was born in '68 and was his first grandson. Rode in that car with Pop everywhere. It has over 250,000 original miles on it. It's been completely redone, and somewhat changed (now a 440 + 6), but still gets the same love it did for the last 46 years. Here's a photo of me racing at Maple Grove back in the day. Good luck with your GTX. It's gorgeous! TD

Attachments

• First passes at MG 1985.jpg
    First passes at MG 1985.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 205
Great story and beautiful GTX. Love the color combination and steel wheels. Your street rod is very nice also. I remember seeing your rod and talking to you at the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton N.B. a few years back. Glad to see you still have it. Bobby

Welcome. Very cool car and story. Looks great. You may want to try Coker for the tires you're after. They're not radials (in my opinion, that's a good thing), but they'll have the whitewalls you're looking for. I too am the original owner of my '69 Road Runner. Grandfather put it in my name when he purchased it. I was born in '68 and was his first grandson. Rode in that car with Pop everywhere. It has over 250,000 original miles on it. It's been completely redone, and somewhat changed (now a 440 + 6), but still gets the same love it did for the last 46 years. Here's a photo of me racing at Maple Grove back in the day. Good luck with your GTX. It's gorgeous! TD
Neither Coker nor Diamondback have a 3/8" whitewall on a 325-70-15. Only 225-70-15 ad that's too small

One owner 68 GTX - you have my admiration. Would love to see that baby in person.

A normal Sunday's activities in '68 and '69.

The white Camaro belonged to my (late) kid brother.

DSCN0548.jpg DSCN0549.jpg DSCN0556.jpg DSCN0560.jpg DSCN0605.jpg

I'm always a little late but Welcome from another original owner. Great looking X.

Auto Transport Service
Back