• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 owners-ash tray's

rrunner

Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
For the 68 owners here, please respond with your SPD, assembly plant, int color (dash anyway) and what style ash tray is org in your dash, slider or a flip out. Trying to come up with the earliest flip out and latest sliders installed. My car is a 5/21, St Louis, red/maroon slider.
What do you have? Thanks.

I've got five '68s and I'll be damned if I could tell you which cars had what kind of ashtrays. :head_smack:

Ok, I checked on three of them today for you (just cause I'm that kind of guy).

Sport Satellite Convertible.....SPD...4/03....St Louis........Blue.......Slider

Satellite hardtop.................SPD...5/24.....Lynch Rd.....Black......Flipper

GTX Convertible ..................SPD...12/14...St Louis.......Blue........Slider

ash tray

RM21H8A . . . . pull down april 5

18-Photo 18.jpg

I think April or May 68. Black interior. LA assembly plant. Slider.

All 68 I have had had flip down ashtrays, except for one, it was a 68 Runner with a padded slid down tray, It was a L.A. build car and had lots of odd stuff going on with it compared to other B bodies I have had.

All 68 I have had had flip down ashtrays, except for one, it was a 68 Runner with a padded slid down tray, It was a L.A. build car and had lots of odd stuff going on with it compared to other B bodies I have had.

68's should have had the slider up till about March of 68. Have yet to find a org. Feb. flip out and my 68 RR with a 5/21/68 SPD is ,as of now, the latest org slider tray install I have found.

I will get the build dates for all the 68s I had and let you know what they were. What plant did your 5/21/68 car came from, I have seen lots of differences from plant to plant.

68's should have had the slider up till about March of 68. Have yet to find a org. Feb. flip out and my 68 RR with a 5/21/68 SPD is ,as of now, the latest org slider tray install I have found.

The SPD on my triple black Charger is April 5, 1968... slider type ash tray

_XS29J8342XXX_BCastShtTopLine.jpg

For the 68 owners here, please respond with your SPD, assembly plant, int color (dash anyway) and what style ash tray is org in your dash, slider or a flip out. Trying to come up with the earliest flip out and latest sliders installed. My car is a 5/21, St Louis, red/maroon slider.
What do you have? Thanks.

68 R/T with slider. I don't have fender tag handy so don't know build date. But has the 0-150 Speedo with incorrect marking on temp gauge instead of 0-15 which i think is early.

CNo9Nzbl.jpg

nCLjNnr.jpg

The SPD on my triple black Charger 4 SPD is April 18, 1968... slider type ash tray.

Auto Transport Service
Back