• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Roadrunner Post w/ 6.1L HEMI, 6 speed, and IRS

Coming along nicely! Nice idea with the subframe coming thought to the front rail. That will keep from needing some forward strut bars to help support the font end coil over swap with no t bars anymore. That's a commonly over looked deal...what supporting the whole front end now and it's essential out of the tie with the rest of the body!

The pedals from the 2009 Challenger are mounted with 6 bolts. We tried to mount it with just 4 bolts, but the pedal bracket flexed too much so a plate with two more mounting points was added:
922A24E0-6342-4436-9697-824C4C9F2EEE.jpg

View from the side. it will still be boxed in
DE3B3FCE-A662-474B-A7FB-522D56495132.jpg

Pedals were hung but the and placed the pedals over the steering column hole. The pedals were heated and straightened. Then they were cut and the foot pads were removed/reoriented
Before:
22273F64-2A41-4EC4-AF1F-A2E6533B8E22.jpg

After:
5D4851D1-5A7E-4445-A99A-DE10A6D34844.jpg

In order to keep the seats low and provide clearance for the electric motors, a custom pan was made under both front seats.
Passenger side:

Driver's side:

View from below:

I ordered a shifter with a 1.0" lateral offset (toward the driver) and 4.25" aft offset. Disregard the 4 speed pattern on the handle!

Damn you Photobucket, was looking forward to checking this thread out and it is totally ruined by Shitbuckets broken 3rd party links..

Yeah, photobucket's extortion has ruined a lot of threads. Eventually I will reconstruct this thread but I haven't found the time or motivation. It would be a lot easier if I could edit previous posts and just paste the new link but as it stands now, I will have to start a new thread altogether.

Auto Transport Service
Back