68 Satellite headers

1968 -1970 Mopars

1. Stroked438

Stroked438 Active Member

Local Time:
    3:21 AM
    I am putting a set of edelbrock RPM heads on my 68 Sport Satelite with a 440 in it. I have run RPM heads on a past D150 with a 440 but I don't know what headers that were on it. They were on the truck when I got it but I put the heads on it. The headers were 1 3/4 I would guess for a B body because the frame was notched for them. The headers fit them fine. My question is what headers fit the B body with the angle pug RPM heads. I noticed when I bought the heads that Edelbrock says a 2 inch minimum diameter header is required. My question is what headers is everyone using on there B body with RPM heads. I have run Indy 440-1 heads with the Hooker Super Comps with good luck but what is fitting the best. This is a street car so I will be using full exhaust also.

2. 493 Mike

493 Mike FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:21 AM
    I like the Dougs 2".
    Mike

3. beanhead

beanhead Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:21 AM
    I've used 1-7/8 hookers with those heads, plug boots were tight and a few tubes needed some beating to clear the plugs. Now have 1-7/8 TTIs, no problems. Changing all 8 plugs takes me 15 minutes..

4. Stroked438

Stroked438 Active Member

Local Time:
    I don't really need a 2 inch header for the engine, it would be a little big, the main reason I am asking is because of the heads. I haven't seen that in the past on the heads.

5. Burns69RT

Burns69RT Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    TTI headers

6. gooser

gooser Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i think dougs makes a 1 3\4" that will fit thoes heads

7. Stroked438

Stroked438 Active Member

Local Time:
    I ordered a set of TTI. I went up to Bowling Green, KY to the Holley Moparty and looked at several different headers. By TTI and Dougs were the best fitting.

8. Frustration

Frustration Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    U used 2" Dougs on my 496 RB. I have the Source "Stealth" CNC Ported Heads. They fit like a glove. The flanges are much thicker than other brands, including Hooker Super Comps. They are a bit heavier than others, but the quality was so good that I bought another set for my 64 Fury with 452 heads. You may want to check to see if the angle plug design works though. The heads I used are both like the factory design. Good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.