• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 vs 69 values?

koosh

Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Knew at the Charger game….really wanting a 68, (that grille and tail lights!!!), but budget dictates it better be a rust bucket….months of searching, finally found a 69 in pretty decent shape, albeit im going to want to change a lot of it. Will a 69 beg as much money as 68 down the road if both were equal shape and drive trains etc?

I feel 68 and 69 are almost on the same level price wise

Knew at the Charger game….
“Knew” at the English game too haha! Just teasing.
68 and 69 are of similar value. It’s only a matter of personal preference. I prefer the 69 model and, yes, it’s a grille and taillight thing.

If you research similar cars online you'll get your answer. Pick different engine/transmission/spec/color/condition combos and compare the values between the 2 years.
I think there's not much difference but your research will confirm what the market is saying.

“Knew” at the English game too haha! Just teasing.
68 and 69 are of similar value. It’s only a matter of personal preference. I prefer the 69 model and, yes, it’s a grille and taillight thing.
Omg! “knew”…. Nice catch

Couldn’t make up my mind so have one of each. Value the same IMO

Not a lot of - if any price diff between the two yrs. It’s not the value, it’s the personal preference of a buyer - Period.

If i “knew” anything about bodywork, id grab a 69 that’s not far away, and change the tail lights! But im sure that’s involved….

I know I am swimming against the current here, but I have always preferred the "loop" front bumper of the 1970. It just looked cleaner than the frail looking '68-'69 front bumper. The "loop" bumper on the 1970 Coronet did not turn out as well, in my estimation.

I would say the value of the 2 is about equal. 12 years ago or so I wanted a 68 Charger in the worst way. I never did find the one for me and ended up buying a couple of 69's instead. They both brought strong money when I sold them. For some reason it seems around here that 69's are far easier to find than 68's.

Practice on it it’s easy, intimidation will set you back. I’m on my 69 for the 3rd time because im learning more each time, I’m my worst critic and i expect Perfection.

Found this 69, in my budget, couldn’t find rust (maybe under filler), My biggest concern….from under car floors look great, but front carpet is soaking wet….I couldn’t see anything around the windshield area that would let rain in… been raining for days. The door windows typically do not close very tight…probably needs new weatherstrip.
Owner says windows “were left open” which Im struggling to believe
IMG_4191.jpeg

IMG_4193.jpeg

IMG_4192.jpeg

IMG_4194.jpeg

Wiper posts, WS gasket, window seals. They all leak in an old car. I would pull the carpet up to get a good look, none of these cars are selling for $2500.

That looks pretty darn nice. Would you be comfortable in sharing the asking price?

Wiper posts, WS gasket, window seals. They all leak in an old car. I would pull the carpet up to get a good look, none of these cars are selling for $2500.
They all leaked in my GTX from the time it was new. The upside was the rusted original metal was all replaced with OEM when it was still available. It still leaks, but is pristine under the carpet.

Auto Transport Service
Back