• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 "X" QQ1

I can say one thing.. nice work and car period!

I had no Idea they did that either! Interior color QQ1? WoW!
On that fender tag, it has the interior paint code where my MFG. date is. ?????
—-
Well that is interesting. How could it be different.. Beats me, maybe somebody else has seen this. This was a Hemi GTX. I did not replace a single panel on this car, nothing was needed. Being a Hemi car it had the torque boxes and additional gussets at the rear shackle area as well as double plated pinion snubber section. There was no undercoating on the car at all, just a very retro NHRA decal on the rear window, that I left on.
A pic of the bottom.
1D18C1D9-A44B-4E72-B1CC-DD2AD40573F3.jpeg

CAB4A69C-A553-4B78-854D-58CE14673698.jpeg

—-
Well that is interesting. How could it be different.. Beats me, maybe somebody else has seen this. This was a Hemi GTX. I did not replace a single panel on this car, nothing was needed. Being a Hemi car it had the torque boxes and additional gussets at the rear shackle area as well as double plated pinion snubber section. There was no undercoating on the car at all, just a very retro NHRA decal on the rear window, that I left on.
A pic of the bottom.
View attachment 1060739
View attachment 1060743
What a cool car!!! :thumbsup:

So, I recently posted that I had to remove my newly installed Sof Seal trunk weather stripping
because it was almost impossible for me to close the deck lid. Well, I got pretty high yesterday
using 3M adhesive remover in my garage taking all of the 08008 off. I ordered the new seal from
DMT as they said alot of complaints on this problem. Here is a profile photo of both so you all
can see the difference. Wish me luck!
20210128_140227[2415].jpg
20210128_140258[2414].jpg
One seal is 0.600 tall, and the new one is 0.475.

So roughly an 1/8" difference.

How far was your decklid proud of the quarter ?

So roughly an 1/8" difference.

How far was your decklid proud of the quarter ?

I used the sof seal on my Newport and it's definitely proud of the quarter. Perhaps 1/32"? Over time it did flatten a bit and I dont have to slam the **** out of it anymore.

DSC06594.JPG

It's not that it's "Proud" of the quarters, The darned thing wouldn't close unless I
slammed the snot out of it! I didn't want one of my buddies to come over and try to
close it and put the famous "Two Dents" in the top of the deck lid and then give me
one of those stupid looks! I closed it and kept it shut for a week and that didn't
help any so I ripped it all off and am starting from scratch. Man! That's a lot of
clothes pins Mario! I don't think my Wife has that many! Off to Home Depot!

O.K., so I'm re-installing my trunk weather stripping with the new stuff from
DMT. Lotsa clothes pins!! So I was thinking about the other day when I installed
my heater box. The old rubber cowl seal looked kind of "Funky" and wrinkled in
the front closest to the firewall on the passenger side. I bought a new one from
DMT and glued it to the box before I put it in. Then I got to thinking if the original
one was ever installed correctly? No, it wasn't, and that's why it was all wrinkled.
I took some pic's from the bottom of the box with the passenger side grate removed
to see what was going on. The gasket needed to be pushed forward under the oval
hole in the cowl.
orig1.jpg
orig2.jpg
beerestoration2017 1070.JPG

So I took a paint mixing stick and lubed it up with car wax and stuck it between the rubber seal
and the cowl and started pushing the seal forward under the cowl. I had to use my endoscope
camera and my laptop so I could see what I was doing, but I got Er dunn! It's the little things
that kill me!
fixed1.jpg
fixed2.jpg

It's the little things
that kill me!
It's also all these little attention to detail elements that will make your car truly work well and be a pleasure to drive - well done!

You never know if I'll be taking it on a cross-country trip Hawk! Ha!

Can't tell. Looks too light!
PC090019.JPG

Here's QQ1 in the sun just like yours.

Can't tell. Looks too light!
Here's QQ1 in the sun just like yours.
Aha! Thanks!
There is a Volo video of a ‘68 Coronet that looks light inside, and dark when brought outside. The color is listed as “Ocean Mist”. Could only find that listed as a Honda Odyssey color from the mid 2000’s....
It doesn’t go outside until the 6:17 mark

Auto Transport Service
Back