• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 and 70 fuel tank numbers

MWbirdLOVER70

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys buddy looking at NOS tank for 69 Plymouth and needs numbers. Can anyone please provide both numbers? Thanks guys

My 69 Chrysler parts book has it as 2880 417

Thank you very much!!! Anyone got a 1970 number unless they’re the same?

I agree but would like the numbers. Buddy insistent lol. Concourse 69 RR and his request but I think you for the replie Dadsbee

I'll try to remember to look in my parts manual tomorrow. Anyone doing concurs restorations should own one....

3404 475 w/o ECS

3404 225 w/ECS Sta. Wgn.

THESE ARE PROBABLY WRONG, they are for Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler.. so that probably = C body.

Last edited:
My 69 Chrysler parts book has it as 2880 417
That's for valiant, barracuda and Dart. Plymouth b body except wagon is 2880 426

*** BUT AS NOTED BY MOPARSAVER... R and W (Bevedere and Coronet) the correct tank for a Roadrunner would be 2880 434 !

Last edited:
69 R and W shows 2880434 except Charger & station wagon. I have an over the counter replacement if interested.
IMG_5440.jpeg

IMG_5441.jpeg

IMG_5442.jpeg

He said Plymouth and why I stated the number I did, yet left myself scratching my head why a coronet was a different tank.

Looks like Tom has the correct '69 tank being the 434, which also means my '70 numbers are probably wrong as well.. **** I can't read a parts manual either. Why people should have their own books, so they can make their own mistakes! LOL

Lol Wayne They can be confusing. I started using these catalogs in 84’ at my first job, parts dep’t Framingham Chrysler Plymouth. Learned real quick!

I see where my mistake was, the column heading specify the make and car. And what’s interesting with my parts book is it has replacement/revised part numbers. Looks like the 2880 426 tank was replaced with 3404 475 at some point, but my Parts book is dated Jan 1971. But this gets us off track from OP.

IMG_6368.jpeg

Last edited:
I see where my mistake was, the column heading specify the make and car. And what’s interesting with my parts book is it has replacement/revised part numbers. Looks like the 2880 426 tank was replaced with 3404 475 at some point, but my Parts book is dated Jan 1971. But this gets us off track from OP.

View attachment 1562066
It was not uncommon for parts departments to update the dealer parts catalogs as the part numbers superceded for new model years. The hand written number in your catalog is the new/correct number and applies for 1970 C body and fleet cars. Choose your car line at the top first then your options from the list on the left. Highlighted is the path for R & W. “Export” vehicles often times add to the confusion.

IMG_5448.jpeg

It was not uncommon for parts departments to update the dealer parts catalogs as the part numbers superceded for new model years. The hand written number in your catalog is the new/correct number and applies for 1970 C body and fleet cars. Choose your car line at the top first then your options from the list on the left. Highlighted is the path for R & W. “Export” vehicles often times add to the confusion.

View attachment 1563268
Thanks all that replied

Auto Transport Service
Back