• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Bee qtr panel extension repair

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Is there anyway to fix the studs on these quarter panel extensions? The threaded parts on most of the studs broke off when they were taken out

That's par for the course. Old pot metal is a fickle bitch my friend. I've repaired some by cutting off the left over stud down to the top of the boss. If you have access to a milling machine or a drill press you can drill and tap the bosses 10-24 or 1/4-20 (or whatever the original stud size is) that is if there's still some solid material left. Then get some all-thread or just chop off some threads from bolts and make your own studs. Then just use regular fasteners instead of the speed nuts. From the looks of one of the bosses in your pictures it's on the iffy side but the stud still looks like it will still take a nut.

I might be wrong, but I think that part is made of aluminum, not pot metal.

Drill them so you JB Weld some 6/32 screws with heads cut off. Put the cutoff end with JB W in the hole.:D

Auto Transport Service
Back