• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger. 426 Hemi. EFI E85

Your duct and filter work is going to help me immensely on mine when I get back on it.

IMG_3942.jpeg

Thanks guys! Lots of work later and it's done. Well, after the paint fully cures I'll install the rubber coupler to firewall duct.

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

Much appreciated! Pretty much the exact same pics but it's together with the rubber coupler now and ready for testing. Will test with an nos paper filter and K&N. Couldn't do it today as the roads are wet.

Also trying to decide if I want to put the decal on it or leave as-is.

IMG_3539.jpg
IMG_3538.jpg
IMG_3543.jpg
IMG_3544.jpg
IMG_3542.jpg

Pretty slick, The rubber coupler is it heat shrink, had someone make it for you?

Thanks guys. The coupler is just a strip of rubber I cut down in length and width. Overlapped about 3/4" and glued together with rubber cement and also 5 "staples" I made out of stainless filler rod.

I decided to drive up to Great Lakes Dragaway this morning and make a few passes. The car is 4,100lbs and 4,270 with me in it.

Ran it through full exhaust and on the road race tires.

First run I slipped the clutch out at 4,200 rpm and it actually hooked but absolutely obliterated the clutch. It was slipping down the entire track and flaring on the shifts.

I let it have a good cool down and tried dumping the clutch at 3200 but it just spun. I still pedaled it and ran it out.

Shifted it normally (with clutch and lifting throttle) at 7,750rpm.

IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3551.jpg

Last edited:
Just some end of season maintenance. Drained the E85 out of it and replaced with a few gallons of gasoline and Lucas stabilizer.

Did the end of year oil change and ran it outside the shop to circulate the new oil and fuel through it.

Now in hibernation until spring :)

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back