• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger concealed headlights

QOTHL

Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the drivers side headlight cover getting "stuck" opening and closing?

Btw welcome to the forum and post some pics of your charger....

First, does this happen while the car is running and you turn the lights on/off or does it happen when the car is shuts off and then you turn the lights off/on?

On the canister bracket there is a thin metal bracket with rubber coating on it. Stands 6" tall with a bend. The bend could be to much and is not letting the the door bar(attached to door and canister) to pass proper causing it to be stuck open/closed.

I would check that first and simply bend back to free up some tension...

If that is not it then I would check the canister..

Oh yes, I've had issues. These covers run off vacuum produced by the engine. You'll want to check all those lines and make sure not dry rotted and the connections are good. Specially if everything else checks out that moparnation mentioned above. Then the canister is under the battery tray and like stated check that too. If you don't have one, Most engine / machine shops will have a vacuum pump and can test it for leaks for you. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back