• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger front valance question

INTMD8

Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
My car (already painted btw) does not have a center brace/bracket for the front lower valance.

Is this supposed to be included as part of the valance or something I can buy separately?

Thank you.

My car (already painted btw) does not have a center brace/bracket for the front lower valance.

Is this supposed to be included as part of the valance or something I can buy separately?

Thank you.
Which bracket are you talking about? The bracket from the valence to the light/grille assembly frame? Or you don't have a grille assembly frame?

Maybe a photo will help. I don't know the correct names for these pieces.

Pic of "bracket" in case it's any relation to what I need, only thing I could find that might be.

MP8eUY.jpg

4xYhi5.jpg

Maybe a photo will help. I don't know the correct names for these pieces.

Pic of "bracket" in case it's any relation to what I need, only thing I could find that might be.

View attachment 686143
View attachment 686144
The last picture is the bracket for your pedal assembly....Goes on top of the pedal assembly to the cowl bracket....

Your first pic...the black piece is the grille/headlight frame and it has the provisions for the attachment for the valence bracket....The valence bracket is gone.....I never have seen the bracket itself for sale but you may be able to rob a messed up valence from a swap meet etc.....Downside is it is spot welded...So either replace the bracket and repaint or find a good valence and redo that.....

005.jpg

Haha, well at least I found out what that bracket was for. Thanks!!! :D

Haha, well at least I found out what that bracket was for. Thanks!!! :D
Also....do you really have to replace it....short answer no.....long answer just depends on how "correct" do you have to have the car.....

Also....do you really have to replace it....short answer no.....long answer just depends on how "correct" do you have to have the car.....

Do you mean in regards to the valance? I think it needs something as it seems pretty floppy in the middle.

Knowing it's supposed to be part of the valance I will just fab out of sheetmetal and attach with 3m structural adhesive. As I understand it some body shops use it for panel replacement so I think it has good strength. (but if it fails of course next step would be welding)

Do you mean in regards to the valance? I think it needs something as it seems pretty floppy in the middle.

Knowing it's supposed to be part of the valance I will just fab out of sheetmetal and attach with 3m structural adhesive. As I understand it some body shops use it for panel replacement so I think it has good strength. (but if it fails of course next step would be welding)
Properly bonded, the adhesive will likely outlast a weld.
Tim

Much more bonded surface area in comparison to a spot weld that's for sure. Thanks Tim.

Auto Transport Service
Back