• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 charger fender removal what am I missing

Moparkrazed

Local time
6:36 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, dumb question here. I’m trying to remove my driver fender. I think I’ve removed all the bolts it it’s still not coming off. The whole fender can move front to back up and down but it will not come off. I’ve removed the bolts under the fender where the rocker meets, the under the fender behind the door, the mid brace bolt, the bolts where the front valance meet, two or three where the radiator core support is, the two on the brace plate behind the bumper, the two under the bumper that holds the light buckets on and the one bolt that braces the light buckets it that makes sense. Am I missing something? Do I need to remove the light buckets and lights so it’s not hanging on the core support? I can post pics if that helps.

Sounds like you got all the hardware if it's moving like that. There is a stud on the bottom in front of the door hinges with a nut on it. Did you get that? Pull the bottom outward and lift the rear up to clear the stud then swing it outwards so the section under the core support can clear as it is kinda trapped under it.

Sounds like you got all the hardware if it's moving like that. There is a stud on the bottom in front of the door hinges with a nut on it. Did you get that? Pull the bottom outward and lift the rear up to clear the stud then swing it outwards so the section under the core support can clear as it is kinda trapped under it.
Maybe I’m just trapped in the bumper. I did get the nut you are talking about I believe. I think you’re talking about the nut/stud just in front of the door kind of in that door jamb area with nut facing down. Looking at my front bumper it seems to be tweaked up a little so that may not be helping the matter. I can push the rear of the fender out about a foot before it hangs up and won’t move ( not that I’m forcing it too hard) and I can’t slide it back but maybe an inch or two. Sounds like I need to lift the rear of the fender and work that lip out the bumper if I’m on the right track.

Loosen the bumper bolts and pull it forward. There is a lip on the fender that sits inside the bumper.

you likely have a stud hanging up in a hole........ did you remove any nuts?

you likely have a stud hanging up in a hole........ did you remove any nuts?
Yes, I’ve removed the studs/bolts on the bottom of the fender close to the door and the stud under the fender in the door jamb area in front of the door. The bolt/stud on top of the fender when the rear of the hood points when it’s open if that makes sense. The only place it’s hanging is somewhere in the front.

Ok cool. Those are the bolts in the frame? That will allow the bumper to pull forward some?
Yes, you need to clear this lip.

IMG_3377.JPG

It's a long *** nose!

Hey I just realized were almost neighbors

Hey I just realized were almost neighbors
Yeah noticed that man. I’m originally from aynor but moved to blythewood when I was a kid. I used to go back in summers and help in the produce fields haha. I tell ppl up here I’m from Aynor and they look at me like I’ve got a third eye haha.

I am only 15 minuets from Aynor just off the Pee Dee Hwy. Next time your in the area shoot me a message. Mopars at the beach coming up in a few weeks.

I am only 15 minuets from Aynor just off the Pee Dee Hwy. Next time your in the area shoot me a message. Mopars at the beach coming up in a few weeks.
Aww man that’s awesome! When’s the mopar at the beach? I might be able to swing down there and see it and meet ya if you’re in the area.

Aww man that’s awesome! When’s the mopar at the beach? I might be able to swing down there and see it and meet ya if you’re in the area.
Oct 21 is the show.

Auto Transport Service
Back