• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger Grille Frame Paint

Daytona Jim

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
Restoring my 1969 Charger grille and need to know what sheen did the factory use on the grille frame? Was the black paint gloss, simi gloss, satin or hotrod satin? Thanks for any info.

Not sure what you mean by the grill frame. If you mean the the radiator support go with a matte black.

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I know the color sheen of the core support should be mate black. But what I am trying to find is the sheen of the black paint the factory applied to the metal frame that surrounds the molded plastic grill. Thanks for the help. Jim

Yes I know the color sheen of the core support should be mate black. But what I am trying to find is the sheen of the black paint the factory applied to the metal frame that surrounds the molded plastic grill. Thanks for the help. Jim

Here's my unrestored 68. I'd say that it's an 80% gloss finish.

IMG_2254.jpg

This paint does a good job replicating that finish & can be used on other similar underhood brackets, K-frame & other black painted items.

IMG_2255.jpg

Here's my unrestored 68. I'd say that it's an 80% gloss finish.

View attachment 1467036

This paint does a good job replicating that finish & can be used on other similar underhood brackets, K-frame & other black painted items.

View attachment 1467037
Is this the VHT roll bar & Chassi in "Satin" or "gloss"? i can't tell from the photo and see there are two options.. thanks in advance. I just want to make sure to choose the correct one you are recommending. Id like to also use it on my horns and power booster and maybe some other parts.

Screenshot_20230804_155840_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Is this the VHT roll bar & Chassi in "Satin" or "gloss"? i can't tell from the photo and see there are two options.. thanks in advance. I just want to make sure to choose the correct one you are recommending. Id like to also use it on my horns and power booster and maybe some other parts.

View attachment 1504660

The roll bar paint that I used has a semi gloss finish. It's definitely not high gloss. I'd go with the satin.

Auto Transport Service
Back