• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger Head Lights HIGH/LOW BEAM ISSUE

CHAZ666

Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
I just installed a new HIGH/LOW switch on the floor. When I click it all four lamps are lite up, which tells me the HIGH part works. When I click low beam only the drivers side light is lite and not the passenger side. So do I suspect it's a bad ground ? or something wrong with the 12V+ ? I haven't gotten around to getting my multi meter to check, just wanted to throw this out there ? Should I check the harness at the battery that goes to the light assemble ? Or the bulk harnesses at the firewall ? If anyone knows anything that could help me out, I would glady appreciate the help, thanks.

Was everything working before you installed the new switch? Obviously you had a reason to replace it... but prior to it going bad would you get both low beams?

69 charger headlights

There was never one there. They had a wire jumped across the harness plug.

yeah, I was just thinking that. I didn't know that the bulbs had 2 filaments in there. I just thought there was 2 bulbs for low and 2 bulbs for high. I started to read up on it, and realized it, it is a possibility that could be the reason.

I have a question, will it cause any issues if I upgrade the headlamps to 100/90W H5001 H5006 HALOGEN CRYSTAL HEADLIGHT BULB, I just was hoping it wasn't going to overload the circuit, since I know the wiring on the charger is very small guage. Anyone have any comments about this ?

Auto Transport Service
Back