• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69' Charger RT. Need a piece of advice regarding interior look.

hemibeastpl

Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
photo_2022-11-04_14-43-50.jpg
photo_2022-11-04_14-36-48.jpg

I have become fed up with my woodgrain interior. Maybe it looks good on photos, but it feels really awful when one sits inside. Additionally, it started to ripple because of heat, during summer. I have found good woodworker and ask him to cover those aluminum gear console panels with real wood. Recently I got them back (2nd photo). They look wonderful! Next question I asked myself : what to do with dash? Should I have it real wooden too? Or should I get black plastic dash?
AFAIK woodgrain dash come with SE version, normal was plastic. Latter one would be closer to original I guess. What do You think?

For the most part, I find fake wood to be a strange thing to put in the interior of a car. What else on a car is made of wood? These aren't cars from the 1930s....

View attachment 1368250View attachment 1368251

I have become fed up with my woodgrain interior. Maybe it looks good on photos, but it feels really awful when one sits inside. Additionally, it started to ripple because of heat, during summer. I have found good woodworker and ask him to cover those aluminum gear console panels with real wood. Recently I got them back (2nd photo). They look wonderful! Next question I asked myself : what to do with dash? Should I have it real wooden too? Or should I get black plastic dash?
AFAIK woodgrain dash come with SE version, normal was plastic. Latter one would be closer to original I guess. What do You think?
Black dash would look good. Too much wood. It is your car though.

Dzien dobry!
My 2 cents is to find good original pieces to replace yours with. Or even reproduction pieces would be something to consider just to keep it original in appearance. However, if your car is not an SE, I’d stick with the standard black dash plates.
As for the wood grain console plates, they look nice but right away they stood out because it’s too light of a shade. Upon second glance the wood grain is off. Again I’d look for good used parts or reproduction ones.

I went with carbon fiber in the Cuda. I kept the Coronet in woodgrain.

It's a personal choice. So, suit yourself and don't bother with what others think.

Ives seen some that were done in carbon fiber. And they looked killer, especially on a black interior car

I would go all black or all wood. Not something in between.

For the most part, I find fake wood to be a strange thing to put in the interior of a car. What else on a car is made of wood? These aren't cars from the 1930s....
I like it in most cases, it's an elegant looking material that looks nice as trim not meant to be structural.

If it was my car I would do it as I remember them when they were new, especially being a 69 R/T. I think in 69 the R/T's were woodgrain not black, I could be mistaken.

Is that the original Sport wheel?
AFAIK its reproduction. Its a real walnut though. Gear console is walnut, and stick's knob gonna be wooden too. No woodgrain, if something looks like wood it better be, otherwise should be replaced.

Auto Transport Service
Back