• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Charger trunk dimensions needed

No problem. I am just thankful for those who want to help. I am pretty sure I am off. I just have to figure out how to fix this. As I see it I have two options. (A) cut it loose and move it up that 1/2. I really don't want to do this but....... (B) live with my mistake and bend the bumperetts so it will bolt up. But the bumperetts are contacting the lower valance so that might be a chore.
I guess there is another problem to leaving it where it is. The trunk lock support has not been welded in and it would have to be modified to fit better. And not sure that the bumper would look right.

Well, I've got the same measurement you have, 13 3/4". How accurate was this fit up from the factory?

I also have not tried to fit the bumper up yet.

Well, I've got the same measurement you have, 13 3/4". How accurate was this fit up from the factory?

I also have not tried to fit the bumper up yet.
QOTHL, It looks like that 13-3/4 is the magic number. I'll bet if you put your bumper on with the bumperetts it will look good.
It would be nice to get a couple more to check and see what they are getting.

QOTHL, It looks like that 13-3/4 is the magic number. I'll bet if you put your bumper on with the bumperetts it will look good.
It would be nice to get a couple more to check and see what they are getting.

Sorry, I reread your post and I have a 1/2" deeper measurement. Sorry, sometimes I'm tired and not paying attention.

Don here is a couple more pics to confirm your measurments

IMG_E1384[1].JPG IMG_E1383[1].JPG

Thanks, It looks like your tape reads about 13-3/4 right?

Any chance I could get another dimension?
From tail panel edge down to center of bolt hole. (just like in my pic)
This is the mess I replaced. Looks like 10-3/4

rearend dim (13).JPG

rearend dim (16).JPG

Don i measured from the top of trunk pan to hole in trunk support n got 1 1/2 inches,i hope this helps.Dont know how far along you are,but when placing the rear valance in place you should have your end caps on n inline with quarter panel so the valence sits flush on end caps n not end up with a gap.A lot of people just fill this area n get rid of that seam.

Last edited:
You sir have gone over and above! Thank you!

I always try to help out where I can. Especially with the dimensions of the 2nd generation Charger with all my body panels and frame rails being original except for the trunk floor pan and drivers side trunk extension.
I'm hoping somebody will help me when the time comes. I know I will need it eventually.
Glad I could help out Don. Anytime.

Auto Transport Service
Back