• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 Coronet Drag Radial Recommendation

193rdsow

Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching from my current setup to MT Drag Radials. I'm trying to figure out the best comparable size combination and get the most meat on the ground and still clear the wheel well and leaf springs.

Who else is running MT Drag Radials on a 69 B-Body (Coronet with Dana 60 and 4 speed) and what is largest size tire and wheel you can safely fit under stock dimensioned B body? Please include your backspacing if you know it. Reading other threads it looks like 295/55/R15 on 15x10s 5 1/2" BS is best combo. Anyone else using this? Any problems putting on and taking off?

Thanks!

That tire/wheel combo fits perfect on my '69 Super Bee. 325 tire is WAY TOO big.

I'm thinking about switching from my current setup to MT Drag Radials. I'm trying to figure out the best comparable size combination and get the most meat on the ground and still clear the wheel well and leaf springs.

Who else is running MT Drag Radials on a 69 B-Body (Coronet with Dana 60 and 4 speed) and what is largest size tire and wheel you can safely fit under stock dimensioned B body? Please include your backspacing if you know it. Reading other threads it looks like 295/55/R15 on 15x10s 5 1/2" BS is best combo. Anyone else using this? Any problems putting on and taking off?

Thanks!

those have more room than my roadrunner. i have a 325-50-15 on a 15*8 4.5 back space. wheel lips are rolled. dana 60

dana60_zps10c7014c.jpg

Whoooaaaa!!! Really!?!? I couldn't even stuff just the 325 tire in the wheel well. Crunched between leaf spring and non rolled fender.

those have more room than my roadrunner. i have a 325-50-15 on a 15*8 4.5 back space. wheel lips are rolled. dana 60

dana60_zps10c7014c.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back