• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 coronet side view mirro

193rdsow

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Anybody have a solution for extending the life of a worn out ball and socket on a side view mirror? The mirror and chrome are wonderful but the mirror will no longer stay upright. Any ideas?

is there a little hex head screw or hole where it used to be on it one up through the support shaft (you would have to take if off) to tighten it up. Seems like there was a tightening adjustment but i'm not sure.

is there a little hex head screw or hole where it used to be on it one up through the support shaft (you would have to take if off) to tighten it up. Seems like there was a tightening adjustment but i'm not sure.

Im not sure. I was hoping to avoid removing it but will need to anyhow. I will check for the set screw.

If it is a manual door mirror there is no way to adjust it for tightening i have one myself that is like that. The correct way to fix it is to remove the glass and tighten up the metal piece the ball rolls on. i have seen people peen the edge on the outside where the ball rotates to tighten it up also

Auto Transport Service
Back