• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX air grabber air inlet screen color

resq302

Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
What was the correct / OE color or paint code for the air inlet screen for the 69 road runner / GTX air grabber? I'm in the process of restoring the car and want to get the correct color back on this.

I have seen both black and orange. My 69 RR has orange screens and a buddies 69 hemi GTX has black. My car also is a hood stripe car and is R4 red so that might explain the orange screens. GTX is not a hood stripe car.

Hood scoops, engine size emblems, and air grabber screens all repainted and installed.

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

I'm almost wondering if it's a hood stripe thing. Orange screens with stripes and black without (AG only).

Nice job on the inserts!

Could be. But then again, I heard of hemi cars with the black out stripes with black screens. Then I have also heard that St. Louis cars came with flat screens with another plant had the woven screens.

It was a version of R4 red paint. R4 for my 1969 Charger was called Bright Red but was known as other names such as Ralley Red. The touch up paint I had on the label had a GM paint code (which I imagine was shared at one time with Chrysler). The paint can is at my Dads house and I can try and post a picture or the paint code for it the next time I am at his house, which should be early this coming week. The downfall with this paint that I used is that it is Dupont Lucite which is no longer made. The paint code could still be the same, however, I have been finding that some paint companies no longer are making certain additives or colors for paints. I ran into this issue when I was trying to repaint the T7 door frame color for Dad's GTX. Dupont no longer made that color paint, yet PPG did.

Auto Transport Service
Back