• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

I enjoy your hunting pictures. I just went on my last hunt for the season also. It was an elk hunt in the Utah mountains. We had a great time and good success.
I have enjoyed reading and getting pointers from your great restoration, Keep up the good work.
b785c795-4f99-4443-a8bf-742f6942f6f7
b785c795-4f99-4443-a8bf-742f6942f6f7

Thanks Showard! Just got all the hunting stuff cleaned and put away, and the shop tidied up a bit. Going to buff out the engine bay this weekend and hopefully start putting some suspension stuff under her. I think the engine will be done early March so I need to get busy and have it ready to drop in!

Bambi! You didn't kill BAMBI did you?

Cody found a winter kill bull elk but couldn't pack the skull with rack out through 6 miles of 2' snow. He's tough as nails having won 1st place, in his age group, in a 50km foot race through the mountains. But that bull and snow were too much for him.

I'm still waiting for Comp to grind me two custom solid rollers. One of course for your engine. Cody is now doing all the thread chasing and grinding of casting flash on the block. He's acting like he is porting a cylinder head.

WAIT......No son, we do not have to polish the outside of the block!

Jim, can you post some pictures? Also how much improvement were you able to get out of the intake. It doesn't take long to wear you down hiking in 2' of snow, let alone in the mountains! I'll bring ya some Bambi sticks when I come!

I'm super pumped! I just scored a set off TTI440-1785C headers brand new for 750$ on eBay.

Well I spent some time working on the control arms today got the bushings, & joints pressed back in.

Can't remember sorry, but did you do the lower arm stiffner/plate mod? It's well worth doing imo..

No I didn't I figured with the 15x4s up front that it would be a waste plus extra weight. I'm more geared for straight line performance.

I'm going for straight line myself. I'm thinkin 15x5s for my front. I saw some drag guys saying that the LCA plates/mod help keep the front end healthy if your car wheelies. I can just hope mine will, lol.. Not sure which kind you thought I meant but mine were 2 small plates that weld to the bottoms and connect the front and back half of the LCA. Weight gain is about .5 lb. Speaking of weight, are you going to run a front sway bar? Mines coming off.

Yes I'm going to run the sway bar, but take it off at the track. I think I may also move the battery to the back but haven't decided yet. I may wait till I make some passes to decide that. I will also be happy if I can just see a 1' under both front tires.
On that note, Jim has been doing some port work on my 6 pak intake and it looks great. If he gives me the ok I will share his work here. I'm very encouraged by his #s!!!!

Well I got some good news from Jim (IQ52) yesterday, my cam is finally on it's way! He also sent me some pictures of the work he did on my intake, with some flow #s for comparison. Tim Borrall 440 002.jpgTim Borrall 440 003.jpgTim Borrall 440 005.jpgTim Borrall 440 006.jpgTim Borrall 440 007.jpg
Tim Borrall 440 009.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

#1 your head port 4 or 5 slightly cleaned up with no intake on it

#2 your head w/ OOTB 440 RPM intake

#3 your head w/ ported 440 RPM intake. This intake made 640 LB-FT and 627 HP on a 496 stroker with a bigger solid street roller but with heads that only flowed 292 cfm @ .500” and 309 cfm @ .600”. Again, your head is in column #1

#4 your head w/ ported 6-pack intake

#5 your head w/ported Victor 440 intake, slight mismatch as the intake opening was bigger than your head port opening (wrong way mismatch).

Lift...........#1............#2..........#3...........#4...........#5

.500........328..........270........286 ........291.........312

So we’ll test combinations #3, #4 and #5 on your engine.

Gotta wish my GTX happy birthday! 47 years ago today at St Louis. Hopefully she is back on the road this year.IMG_20141215_172759.jpg

:bday3: Happy 47th, doesn't look a day over a day old.. Mine turns 46 somewhere around this time of year.
Nice looking port work..

Last edited:
Got a present for the GTX last night, some TTI 1 7/8 ceramic headers. Man they are nice!IMG_20160128_180003.jpg

Got a present for the GTX last night, some TTI 1 7/8 ceramic headers. Man they are nice!View attachment 304481

TTIs are simply beautiful and the fit matches the look. They also end up at the cross member evenly. Can't get a better present than TTIs.

IMG_20160130_105347 (2).jpgIMG_20160130_105454 (2).jpg
Well I spent Fri night & Sat. buffing out the engine compartment. The buffing wasn't to bad but cleaning the compound out of all the cracks, seams, and spot weld low places was a pain. But at least now it's done and I can now start bolting on suspension parts.

I pulled the trigger on the borgson steering box last night. Got it through Jegs ( great price & free shipping) I want it in place before I get the engine in. This weekend I hope to get the k member in so I can start on the suspension. I dropped off the torsion bars and rear bumper brackets to get blasted & painted. Excited to get back in the swing of things! BTW can anyone tell me if the rear license plate lite bracket was painted or zinc plated?

Got a email from Jim the cam has arrived, so he will be starting the assembly process. Yippee!

Auto Transport Service
Back