• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Can you pull the mini starter off without unbolting a TTI header?

Let me rephrase that...
Can you remove a mini starter from the engine without removing a TTI header? Will the starter come out the top or bottom with the header still bolted on?

Not to hijack but I have the Doug's 2" fitment and appearance are excellent and substantially cheaper than TTI. Save some money

The Doug's headers compatible with angle plug heads? Thanks for the info.

Gpuller I can't answer that for sure, If I had to guess I'd say no.

- - - Updated - - -

Derwud I got my TTIs on ebay for 700$ + 50 shipping I thought that was a steal!

Well I haven't gotten much work done since I got the engine home but have been ordering lots of parts. Ordered the Innovate LM-2 through amazon for 465$ saved about 200 there. It's a fuel AF ratio monitor with recording capabilities. With a O2 in each bank I should be able to get it dialed in good. Got all the brake fuel & tranny lines ordered through ProLine. Also ordered the rest of the TTI exhaust. Next is torque convertor from PTC! Looks like it will be a banner month on reward points for the credit card!!!!

So your track runs 1/8? Same with the closest track to me. Around here as soon as you cage your car it's essentially uninsurable so I don't think I'll be making many trips to the track.
I was just going through your thread and came upon this post, was wondering why insurance companies don't want to insure cars with roll cages?

I was just going through your thread and came upon this post, was wondering why insurance companies don't want to insure cars with roll cages?

Hey Tax Man, It comes down to "racecar modifications" This just started in 2015 where anything with full tubs or any as-semblance of a cage is deemed not insurable under any regular policy. The owner can apply for Facility (high risk) insurance but the costs for that are HIGH!

Other than out shithead government trying to get "modified" cars off the road there's no logical rhyme or reason. We all know common sense dictates in the case of an accident as long as you are properly secured the cage will provide additional safety.

I just had a friend total his 70 Chevelle over the weekend.
IMG_0336.jpg
He had the roll over kill for the fuel, and boxed frame. He was extremely lucky, the steering wheel had his throat pinched against the roof. First people on the seen were able to get the door open and get him out. He was wearing a 3 point seat belt which likely saved his life. He has a cracked vertebrae in his neck but otherwise ok. A roll bar in this case and he probably would have walked away without a injury. Car had 500 miles on it since completed last year. I'm just happy he survived this! A reminder guys be careful out there.

Goon, no progress this weekend was running a chainsaw all weekend for my mom. I feel like I was in a wreck! Hope to get fuel lines this week so I can get something done this weekend. Ordering the convertor today I hope.

I just had a friend total his 70 Chevelle over the weekend.

He had the roll over kill for the fuel, and boxed frame. He was extremely lucky, the steering wheel had his throat pinched against the roof. First people on the seen were able to get the door open and get him out. He was wearing a 3 point seat belt which likely saved his life. He has a cracked vertebrae in his neck but otherwise ok. A roll bar in this case and he probably would have walked away without a injury. Car had 500 miles on it since completed last year. I'm just happy he survived this! A reminder guys be careful out there.

Goon, no progress this weekend was running a chainsaw all weekend for my mom. I feel like I was in a wreck! Hope to get fuel lines this week so I can get something done this weekend. Ordering the convertor today I hope.

This is what scares me the most now. After being two accidents in Modern cars, I am selling the Dart I got for my Daughter, cause I don't need this kind of picture.

I worked on my travel trailer this weekend. I am sore this morning!!

It flipped end over end and landed on it's top. Cold pavement & a aggressive downshift to pass put him out of control.

Well my LM-2 came in Tues. Brake, tranny, & fuel lines should be here tomorrow. Ordered my torque convertor from PTC last night they are running behind and although he said 3 weeks I'm betting 4 before I get it. Which is ok. I have a lot of work to get done before dropping the motor in. I hope to get the brake lines in this weekend. If I can do that I'll be happy. Taking a flatbed to help my friend go get his Chevelle ( the one in the pictures above). So that'll kill Friday night. But that's ok. What are friends for if you can't use them!

Well I was so excited was going to post a bunch of pictures of the progress I made over the weekend. But looks like this place is FUBAR'd now. Can't post pictures, find pictures, open attachments..... Guess I'll just say I put brake lines on, mc, brake pedal, found a issue with the sub frame connectors & brake line routing.
Proline makes some great products! I may suggest to them about making a 2 pc rear line for getting through the subframe connector. Same with the fuel lines.
Ok I'm going to go pout now......

It's directing me to a URL and I can't get it to go to my pictures file on my desktop.

Well I was so excited was going to post a bunch of pictures of the progress I made over the weekend. But looks like this place is FUBAR'd now. Can't post pictures, find pictures, open attachments..... Guess I'll just say I put brake lines on, mc, brake pedal, found a issue with the sub frame connectors & brake line routing.
Proline makes some great products! I may suggest to them about making a 2 pc rear line for getting through the subframe connector. Same with the fuel lines.
Ok I'm going to go pout now......

Sounds like your making good progress.. I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews of the LM-2.. I had bungs installed in both sides for mine, but am only running a simple A/F guage with no logging and only one side at a time.. Helpful yes, but not ideal so I've been eyeing something like the LM-2.

I had the same problem with my brake lines as the subframe connectors were welded in directly over the holes in the crossmember that the brake line is supposed to go through, I ended up having to drill some new holes which really sucked.

Auto Transport Service
Back