• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

101_1913.jpg101_1914.jpg

I turned down the 5/8 studs to 1/2 for street rims and moved the holes in the caliper brackets to get some clearance fot the Stockton 15" Mag 500's

- - - Updated - - -

101_1916.jpg
Made my own spring perches to lower the stance of the SS springs.

- - - Updated - - -

101_1917.jpg101_1918.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Replaced the round spacers with alum. blocks for a more solid bracket. Also replaced all the hardware with grade 8 bolts.

- - - Updated - - -

101_1919.jpg101_1922.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Completed assm. You can see that after lowering the caliper that the brake pads are now fitting the rotor better and flush with the O.D.

- - - Updated - - -

101_1902.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

So I finally have some hard dimensions 72.6 outside 46.2 inside. Now I can work on moving spring hangers and shackles.

Anyone have a part # or know where to buy the press in studs for the front spring hangers for rear springs?

Looken' great....

Scored a front sway bar from a member, and have all the bushings and joints now to start the K member.

Just picked up a aftermarket six pack hood already painted with hinges and light weight springs for 500, score!!!

Thats some great looking work and congrats on a great score!!

About ready to get back on track just a couple more weeks of deer season then back to the X.

A great looking build and an awesome resto thread. Keep up the good work....looking forward to progress reports. :)

Nice work on the breaks "looks pretty solid to me".

Breaks look real good. What's the size of your tires if you don't me asking.

M/T DOT Drag Radials 325/50-15 on Stockton 15x10 Magnum 500 wheels

Well my offset shackles & hangers arrived today, and my caltracs monoleafs are in process so hopefully by this time next week I can get back at it! Pumped up and ready to go now that hunting season is over!

OK guys need some advice. Getting ready to roll the car back out to start hanging sheet metal. my question is what do you use for referance spots to measure and level the car? I made my dolly with all four points of support adjustable for height. Do I use frame rails front and back to level???

Not sure if you've seen this or if will help? >

Attachments

• IMAG1051.jpg
    IMAG1051.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 912
Where did you find this? Looks like just what I was looking for! BTW Year One has a 30% promo today, super4.
Ordered my tinted glass kit today! saved a bunch

Auto Transport Service
Back