• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

IMG_20170527_131834979.jpg
IMG_20170527_140943481.jpg

Opps! Forgot I mini tubbed the back. Had to rework the upper vent line to make it fit. Shortened the leg going through the floor and put a couple extra bends to shorten the leg to the wheelwell. All this will be behind the spare so no one will even notice. Fuel line in now complete to the front end! I just nee to tie up a couple more small things and I'll be firing it up (hot wired). Can anyone tell me, do I need a yoke in the back of the tranny to stop a dextron lake from forming upon startup? Need to fill the tranny & PS pump. Going to leave off the alt & AC belts for initial start up. Don't want to run the AC compressor till it's charged.

I wouldn't think the transmission would run oil out of the back unless the car is nose up. Once the engine starts, the fluid level inside the transmission will drop as the pump keeps the converter filled.

The AC compressor shouldn't run, just the pulley. With the AC turned off, the magnetic clutch won't let the compressor engage.

A friend from here offered me this little gem! A little work and it will be a nice addition to the PS pump!
IMG_20170531_091657860.jpg
IMG_20170531_091711334.jpg

Another "cool" piece to go on the GTX!

Can anyone tell me, do I need a yoke in the back of the tranny to stop a dextron lake from forming upon startup?

That is a good question but I am going to wait on mine, just to be sure. Hopefully my driveshaft will be here later this week.

Kid I was scrolling back through my thread to see if I could find it. I think it's a 15/16 diameter MC. Can't remember where I got it, I think summit or jegs. I'll look at the paper work tonight if I can find it. I asked Right Stuff (the kit I used) what manual MC I should use with their kit and they gave me a recommendation. The one I chose looked closest to OEM.

Sorry Kid, forgot to look last night. I'll right myself a reminder to look this weekend. Hows your car coming?

Got a little done over the weekend. Got the PS cooler painted & installed.
IMG_20170604_131422288.jpg
IMG_20170604_140008826.jpg
IMG_20170604_140016770.jpg

I would recommend installing one on the pump before putting the pump on, much easier!

IMG_20170604_152402842.jpg

Got the filler neck & grommet installed, again it would have been much easier had it been installed in the tank first. A little oil helped things slide together. Anyone know if the little bracket that slides in the band that's bolted to the body is body color, black, or zinc?

IMG_20170604_142330248_HDR.jpg

I had the compressor off to do some work and it sat on the table for a couple weeks. When I went to reinstall it there was some oil under it. So I ordered a new one to be on the safe side. Got that installed. So I have the engine coolant system done, tranny lines plumbed, PS wrapped up, I'm real close to firing it up. Need to figure out what to do with the power master Alt. it's a 2 wire system and my loom is a one wire. Once I get that done she'll be ready to fire!

View attachment 431224
Got the filler neck & grommet installed, again it would have been much easier had it been installed in the tank first. A little oil helped things slide together. Anyone know if the little bracket that slides in the band that's bolted to the body is body color, black, or zinc?
Tim

Coming along very nicely! That engine bay looks sweet!

The Bracket is zinc plated...midway down the page for reference

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...y-father-my-69-gtx-restoration.127388/page-15

Glad I looked at your thread, just realized I forgot to install the ground link on the sending unit!

Last edited:
Mine looks just like that but I believe it's 15/16 diameter. I think if you get to big a diameter it makes the pedal harder to push.

Auto Transport Service
Back