• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Good enough for me!
IMG_20180812_133619293.jpg
IMG_20180812_134023659.jpg

I used Q-tips, Dawn soap, and old toothbrushes, and magic erasers to clean the flappers on the center vent. Also a coat of black for the outside vents.
IMG_20180812_132251116.jpg
IMG_20180812_140043259_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Tim to answer your gap question between the cluster and the trim, mine I can almost stick the tip of my index finger between them....When the dash sits level in the car you cannot tell this....Below I took some pics but is hard to do in the car with my phone...

IMG_20180812_192147484.jpg
IMG_20180812_192138315.jpg
IMG_20180812_192156973.jpg

The grille paint is the correct red.....The NOS one I showed you was not the best pics . Right now it is in storage but the red was the same...I will be getting that out soon and will retake pics....I have another hockey stick I have to throw in that crate...The red was matched from original examples...

Below is the GTX prior to disassembly......Thats grille has never been removed from the car since new.

DSC01979.JPG

Thanks Justin! That is the same gap I have on mine. I may put something in there to put a little pressure on the gauge lenses. With it just sitting there, I don't want a rattle or squeak. You also answered the next question on the trim for the hockey sticks. I couldn't figure out how they mated, but I guess they don't very well.

Next I need to track down the following, button sliders for the heater controls, timer delay for the light package harness, center vent duct. Still plugging away.

It’s looking great. I’m especially impressed with the mouse repair. I would have never thought of that!

It's stiff enough, but still flexible, and best of all I don't think anyone will ever see it! Thanks Mike.

WANTED! If anyone has any of the following I'd be interested. Heater control sliders. Looking for good/new ones, no decals , 3pcs. Center AC vent hard duct, goes on directly behind vent in dash. Delay timer for light package harness for dash. 3 pin, controls map light & ignition light. Any leads appreciated.

WANTED! If anyone has any of the following I'd be interested. Heater control sliders. Looking for good/new ones, no decals , 3pcs. Center AC vent hard duct, goes on directly behind vent in dash. Delay timer for light package harness for dash. 3 pin, controls map light & ignition light. Any leads appreciated.
Are you looking for part# on delay timer? Added mine in ‘69 or ‘70. Will have to head to bodyshop soon & can get number(I hope). Jeff

Thanks guys! I knew someone would know. Justin you the man!
My harness has only one pink wire coming out, without a terminal. Should be a easy fix. Thanks to Justin I know where it goes now.

Last edited:
So back to the grille. I found some tape at the local hobby shop that was the perfect width, as bad as I didn't want to buy this brand I did.
IMG_20180817_162901811.jpg
IMG_20180817_162901811.jpg

So I did mine the opposite of the advice given me .I was told paint the silver first then brush in the red. My hands are only that steady with a gun. So I painted the red first, then laid the tape in the groove over the red . I figured I'd get a much cleaner line. So here goes.
IMG_20180817_164812487.jpg

So I did mine the opposite of the advice given me .I was told paint the silver first then brush in the red. My hands are only that steady with a gun. So I painted the red first, then laid the tape in the groove over the red . I figured I'd get a much cleaner line. So here goes.View attachment 639832
Silver first and spray the red and the final color is the dark argent.....That was the original format...Back in the day they used "rubber forms" to mask off for mass production...

Who the heck said to brush the red?

Last edited:
I originally bought all Totally Auto paints, I was also given a tip by partsmonsta for subs . I gotta say I could not tell the difference on the silver. Out of respect for him I won't say what it is, but you can ask him.
IMG_20180817_180401840.jpg
IMG_20180817_180401840.jpg
sorry for the double pictures!

Auto Transport Service
Back