• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

So this past weekend was SUPPOSED to be work on the car, and go to Good Guys car show. So Thursday afternoon about a hour before I got off work a storm came through. 70-90 mph straight line winds. Guess what happened.
tree3.jpg
tree1.jpg
tree2.jpg

Naturally Friday & Saturday while cleaning up it was sunny and a heat index of 100-110. So I worked my but off Thurs. , Fri. Sat. Then Saturday night my girlfriends house/town got 10" of rain in a matter of 4 hours. major flooding there but luckily no damage at here place other than some minor water in the crawl space. I had to come back to work to get rested up for the 4th!

That thing is huge! Luckily, it looks like it missed anything expensive. Did the fence survive?

Obviously, you weren’t meant to work on the X this week!!

Oh my God............Iowa has trees????!!!!!!!!!:D

Looks like someone has some pre seasoned firewood.

That thing is huge! Luckily, it looks like it missed anything expensive. Did the fence survive?

Fence got mangled.

Looks like someone has some pre seasoned firewood.

Yes I now have a huge pile of campfire wood for the next 5 years! Luckily the one in my Mom's yard 10 miles away survived. It's even bigger than mine.

The tree fell just 12" short of where the GTX lives. To close for comfort!

We lost several trees and large limbs over here too. Took 2 down in my yard and tops out 4 others. Over at the one farm we had 3 down on the pasture fence and took large limbs out of at least half a dozen others. All cleaned up by Thursday night (while it was still cool behind the storm) except one down on the pasture fence at home (empty) and an evergreen in the yard that needs to be taken down the rest of the way. Another top is still hanging in the pasture but the cows seem to like it.

20180628_130418.jpg 20180628_133857.jpg

So this past weekend was SUPPOSED to be work on the car, and go to Good Guys car show. So Thursday afternoon about a hour before I got off work a storm came through. 70-90 mph straight line winds. Guess what happened.
View attachment 621938 View attachment 621939 View attachment 621940
Naturally Friday & Saturday while cleaning up it was sunny and a heat index of 100-110. So I worked my but off Thurs. , Fri. Sat. Then Saturday night my girlfriends house/town got 10" of rain in a matter of 4 hours. major flooding there but luckily no damage at here place other than some minor water in the crawl space. I had to come back to work to get rested up for the 4th!
Man I am so happy nothing major got damaged or anyone got hurt......That is one massive tree......What a PITA to deal with the cleanup especially in that heat....

You look like a toddler behind the tree Tim......

So I tried working on the grille last weekend. It was middle 90's and the epoxy glue was trying to set up a little to fast for my liking so I only glued the one side in. So I finished and filed the epoxy down to make it look presentable. Then when I got home I got everything in the garage where it was cooler. And finished up the mount for the other stud locater.
View attachment 618512 View attachment 618513 View attachment 618514 View attachment 618515 View attachment 618516
Tim

Great work on the grille so far.......The 69 X grille is the worst I have ever dealt with but not to the extent you have.....Some serious time vested in what you have done and the quality of repairs show!

Great job....

That is a big tree! you must have a long bar for your chain saw to cut through that trunk.

Husky! is the winner! I had to borrow the brother in laws, my 20" wouldn't cut it. Pun intended.

Finally got my front armrests, so I'll be boxing up most all of my interior stuff that needs colored blue. Dash pad, glove box door, dash cap, seat hinge covers, a pillars, kick panels, ect ect. Should get them back in 2-3 weeks. He did my head rests and I was very happy with them.

Boxed & in the mail. took 3 boxes to get everything. I should have stock in UPS by now.....

Dennis in St. Louis MO. He runs "Not Just Headrests" He did a great job on my headrests so I sent him the rest to get dyed the right color. I had some pieces that were different colors or faded.
dye1.jpg

Plus dash cap, dash pad, A pillars, wind lace ect..

Dennis in St. Louis MO. He runs "Not Just Headrests" He did a great job on my headrests so I sent him the rest to get dyed the right color. I had some pieces that were different colors or faded.
View attachment 624403
Plus dash cap, dash pad, A pillars, wind lace ect..
Dennis is a great guy.....He did the head rests for my X.....I had no idea he did interior pieces.......Good to know Tim...Thanks for posting that!

He texted me today, all parts sprayed and curing. Should have them in a week or two.
Justin I was very happy with my headrest.

Well Dennis is shipping my parts today. I wanted to be home when they arrived so I could inspect for damage while delivery guy was there to verify.
Man have I been slacking/busy, almost was on page 3! I'm hoping to get the garage cleaned and the dash rotisserie back out and start finishing up the dash.
It was nice going to clear lake for the weekend for the cruise & car show. I needed a break. Of course back to reality when I get home, the Ranger was sitting in the garage with a flat. Oh well, back to the grind.

GTX3.jpg

My favorite car of the weekend. Of course I might be a little biased. Very clean. Even had a pair of Jensen valve covers & AC.

Auto Transport Service
Back