• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 gtx

Getting ready to call a guy to install vinyl top, head liner, and rear glass.

Here's my archery & muzzleloader bucks. 6 does so far. This weekend is the last days.

IMG_20221112_164327807.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

So made the call, made a appointment for next Tues to talk to Noel Automotive, many good recommendations for them. Will talk about when and things to be done. Hopefully this will be the year I get it on the road.

So made the call, made a appointment for next Tues to talk to Noel Automotive, many good recommendations for them. Will talk about when and things to be done. Hopefully this will be the year I get it on the road.
I hope they can do it to your satisfaction. I remember when I was getting started with my GTX in 2016 and you were working on yours as well. It's going to be amazing when she drives again under her own power. Stay after it.

Well went and went to talked to Keith today. Looks like the end of February is go time. GTX will be getting vinyl top, headliner dash and front & rear glass.

So spent the day getting everything ready for Noel Automotive. Started front and rear window trim. Heat gun and solvent tank to get rid of butyl. Went through all the totes getting clips, trim, fasteners, & AC ducting out. So I installed the factory AC vents because they look better. I had to make a conversion piece to get it to 2 hoses because of the AC box. I used a little of both to make it

IMG_20230207_103831886_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230207_103850492.jpg

Great work as usual! Good to see you finishing it up. I'd consider installing the trim yourself unless you're confident with the noel guys.. Easy to scratch paint putting it on. Also, I dented my Dutchman panel with my elbows while working on the rear window. I removed the trunk lid and I was sitting on a bucket up in there putting on trim. Have you done test drives yet? I've been offline awhile may have missed that.

I trust Noel, he comes highly recommended. No haven't had a test drive yet. I need to get all the weight on the car first for fronted alignment & setting pinion angle, then get driveshafts made.

More work today, put center duct on AC vent.
Got hardware in the outside AC vents.
Made a shepherd hook to turn front wheels while column is out.
Ran a lead wire for activation light on OD.

IMG_20230210_154554644_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230210_154452905_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230210_163110282.jpg

IMG_20230210_154540377_HDR.jpg

Also worked on mechanical trans temp, water temp, and oil pressure gauges.

IMG_20230210_154628896.jpg

Well on the advice of others I switched out my master cylinder for the aluminum Dr. Diff 15/16. Figured it'd be way easier now without the dash in.

IMG_20230215_194651515.jpg

IMG_20230215_194651515.jpg

Going to try and get tach leads run tomorrow. I bought factory tach to put in dash. I'm also going to run one on the steering column. My question is can I run both off the same lead or do I need to run 2 separate wires? Thanks in advance.

Going to try and get tach leads run tomorrow. I bought factory tach to put in dash. I'm also going to run one on the steering column. My question is can I run both off the same lead or do I need to run 2 separate wires? Thanks in advance.
You can run one wire and split that wire at a convenient place to feed each tach. Running one wire or two wires electrically is no difference - the two tachs won't see a difference.

My personal preference if I were doing it would be to run a wire that looks as factory as possible to the dash tach, and then feed the steering column tach from the dash connector. Nice and clean and no wire splices in the middle of a wire...

Did you buy some replacement Dorman caps and seals for that fancy master cylinder? Best to have some sitting on your shelf for when the original ones start to leak. Every single one of mine have, unless something has changed recently.

I will order them now! What did you enter to find the correct replacement? Was your reservoir a little wiggly? Looks like they use a grommet to attach it.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back