• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 J code road runner project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew posting more pics (or A pic) wouldn't make any difference

I tried talking my wife into doing another J code car but she didn't like my idea. I heard something about the 2 Jeeps I have for toys and a 68 Valiant waiting to be done. I was recently in Florida and saw the A12 that went to Ray, now that's a nice piece and a good ride until the throttle stuck wide open. LOL How about some eye candy

Attachments

• road runner 1003 (Small).jpg
    road runner 1003 (Small).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 742
Might take other Mopar in PART trade, especially a 65 Coronet hard top w/4 speed, or 65 Plymouth hardtop (Belvedere etc)

That photo doesn't scare me off. It's a real RM23J code car for 415.5k, what else could one be expecting?
The fact remains that I don't have the $15.5k to spend, just like I didn't have the money before the photo.
I suspect that's the case with the masses too. The masses being people who can barely afford the initial crusty HEMI project car and build it up to nice driver condition.
The people who want to fully restore a HEMI project car to as new standards will likely start with a better canvas, or at least more complete one.

Maybe I'll get crazy and sell something. It would be cool to finally have a real 1969-71 HEMI car, even if I have to settle for an original automatic car (not that it would be put together with one!).

Yup. I bought it 6 years ago cause it's a real J code car, and I knew the metal was going to be available (which it is now) also figuring I could spread the "pain" over several years of the restoration

Whats not to like here?

A Red 1969 HEMI Roadrunner with Black interior and Black hood treatment. People do color changes to make this car from the common Green or Gold cars.

Sorry dudes but just because it's a hemi car does not mean it will be worth gold when and if it got restored. Once you have to start replacing a lot of sheet metal and no original drive train your in for a big surprise if your doing it for a profit. Most big dollar cars that have been restored have everything original not full of repop parts. Too many people getting delusions of grandeur from watching the likes of Barrett Jackson.

Sorry dudes but just because it's a hemi car does not mean it will be worth gold when and if it got restored. Once you have to start replacing a lot of sheet metal and no original drive train your in for a big surprise if your doing it for a profit. Most big dollar cars that have been restored have everything original not full of repop parts. Too many people getting delusions of grandeur from watching the likes of Barrett Jackson.

Very true, however I never consider one of these cars an investment. I do it cause I love them. Just like yourself. 69 Runner's J code Runner is a great car and if I had the cash I would jump on it. I kinda like them this way since I really like to drive them hard and modify them to my liking.

i agree the fact that the economy is WAY down, prices of TA's and AAR's are falling like rocks, and A12 cars way down, from 100k to 60k-, We havent hit the bottom yet..
, does it have the FT or BS? i sent a few PM's.
(good to see a few others here from the other sites)
jc -ohio
1970 challenger B5 383 4 sp
1970 challenger se sublime(going to clone)to TA
1970 challenger Go mango
1971 challenger N96 shaker 340
1969 Satellite MODTOP
1970 Super Bee 440/6
1966 charger 383
1961 Impala
1968 corvette 427 conv
45 WWII trucks, dukws, halftracks etc
mostly all projects.

i agree the fact that the economy is WAY down, prices of TA's and AAR's are falling like rocks, and A12 cars way down, from 100k to 60k-, We havent hit the bottom yet.., does it have the FT or BS? i sent a few PM's.
(good to see a few others here from the other sites)
jc -ohio
1970 challenger B5 383 4 sp
1970 challenger se sublime(going to clone)to TA
1970 challenger Go mango
1971 challenger N96 shaker 340
1969 Satellite MODTOP
1970 Super Bee 440/6
1966 charger 383
1961 Impala
1968 corvette 427 conv
45 WWII trucks, dukws, halftracks etc
mostly all projects.

I believe that we have hit the bottom except for maybe a few isolated situations. Those being people that HAVE to sell for various reasons such as job lose etc. but there are always those cases regardless of the general economy.

Ebay auctions are a prime example of this. You see people listing cars and the car never reaches reserve. Then you have the Moparts WIW "experts":bootyshake: that seem to think that is all the car is worth. The facts are that the sellers simply are not willing to take that for the cars, don't HAVE to sell and choose to keep them if they can't get what they want for them. Usually you could not BEGIN to build even a tribute for the high bid.

Sellers of muscle cars are usually wanting to sell in order to buy another one and are afraid they will not be able to buy what they want for the same discounted price they are being offered in the auction bids. Most would rather buy what they want first if they can find it at a reduced price and THEN sell for a reduced price and therefore be in it for the same dollar difference as it would be in any market condition. However, many don't have the EXTRA cash laying around to do it that way. If it wasn't for the long distance logistics I think you would be seeing a lot of trading going on.

yes, i agree, but prices still are stumbling...far worst than for the better.

If you can keep them, keep them...for me i'm trying to pickup a few..

I bought a car off a friend, gave him 1 year, to repay, the sale amount. to buy it back. i think that is fair....

here's a 68 hemi RR:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...6935037?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4156129e7d

i'm sure there is ALOT wrong, but fair to ok pricing. It's been for sale for a while.. J code. Cars are cars, and just that.... there will always be another one.

any news on BS, or FT, please forward some pics to my email,, or please post more photos here,, thank you
i'll be out plowing tomorrow(wed).thur,, making $$$$$$
jc -ohio

just wondering if you are going to post more photos of the car or send me some to my email, that i PM'd to you?
still waiting............

:worthless_thread:

no photos,, no response, no emails, i guess he wants to keep it,,
good luck with your sale.
i'm out.

12/26 was his last post, as an administrator, you d think he check a least once a week.. oh well,, my money s going to another car. its burning.... a hole...

one vette(had 6), 10 mopars, 52 wwii trucks, a few 50's cars... thats all i need,
bought another challenger u code, jc

12/26 was his last post, as an administrator, you d think he check a least once a week.. oh well,, my money s going to another car. its burning.... a hole...

Yanno, I just saw 68 427 Vette (a problem ridden beast of a car) and burning....a hole. Had a flashback to my days dealing with NCRS and their types. I actually saw two "judges" argue over the size of the pieces cut out of the carpet for the seat bolts and were left under the seats. (Didn't have the heart to tell them the carpet and the cut outs were original).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back