• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 M Code Cuda(440) Possible B Body Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
LOOKS LIKE ITS SOLD AND ON ITS WAY NORTH!!!

Hello;
I've been a lurker here for awhile and finally pulled the trigger and registered.

Well time has come to turn loose of the Cuda. Its not a divorce sale, lost job sale or illness sale. Its just time.

Below I've tried to list some history of the car along with the work that has been done over the last couple years.

The Cuda is Located in NE Oklahoma(Bartlesville)
I'm asking $22,000. The only trades I'd be interested in are.
4spd B body
32-34 Ford
40 Ford

heres a link to more pics over on FABO

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=106878

If you have any Questions, please PM me.
thanks
Todd

This car was purchased new in the summer of 1969 from Nygarrd Chrysler/Plymouth in Grafton North Dakota by my Uncle. I bought the car in Jan/Feb 1978 w/26000 miles from him(two owner, one family car). The Cuda was my high school daily driver until 1981.
At that time the car was driven off and on until 1987 w/less than 45000 miles. The car was then parked and rarely driven until September 2005 when it was repowered w/a 440 and a 727 trans built by JonVinson of JVX Transmissions in Memphis. I was looking for more power and did not want to risk damaging the original engine and trans doing this. I still have the numbers matching engine and trans(just want to be clear, the trans was replaced in late 69 or 70 and is not the original) in the shop and they will go with the car. The car was originally equipped w/a 3:23 limited slip rear. It now has 4:11’s. I have the original gear cluster along w/ and additional 2:73 3rd member. I’ve replaced the master cylinder and water pump etc. I’ve kept the originals. They were not turned in for core charges. Back in the early 80’s I replaced the alternator and starter. I no longer have those original items.

Fender Tag info
Y39 END
M21 M31 M47 N85 R11 V78
A13 A57 A86 C16 C55 G15
F8 F8 D6G F8 302 920298
E63 D32 BH29 M9B 343570

The body is in surprisingly good condition for its age and basically nothing being done to it. It was resprayed in 1979. There are 2 areas that will need to be addressed. One is the drivers floor. a 8"x8" repair will more than cover the area.
The other is the right rear quarter panel. There is rust in the quarter, approx 3"x3"

The photos show a superstock hood on the car. I also have the original hood. It would not fit w/the current M1 intake and carb configuration.

The interior is showing its age. It will need a new carpet kit and front seat covers. Less than $1000 from Year One.

Also,
We put a new windshield in last winter. This is the only glass in the car that is not original. The front seat were recovered in the 80’s. this is the only interior pieces that were changed.
This past winter, Wayne Smothers at Smothers Tuned Supercars. Did a little work to the Cuda as I lost my shop space and had nowhere to work on it. Wayne is the only person that has touched this car besides my uncle and myself.
We put new circuit board behind the Gauges, Wayne got the kickdown to work correctly and also installed a cast trans pan. The old steel one was dimpled at the bolt holes and leaked. I’d straightened the rails on the pan once, but it was so weak that they warped again as soon as I snugged the bolts down. He also recurved the dizzy and dialed in the 850 demon. We also installed a 4000 stall. I’m currently running MT ET Drags on the back, Screwed to some old small bolt pattern rally’s.
I installed a new gas tank and sending unit when I dropped the current engine in. the fuel gauge worked for about 2 years and now just barely moves off the E. I think its the ground at the tank, but I haven’t verified this. I had H+H in Tulsa recore the radiator when the engine was installed. I went with their 4 core high efficiency unit. I still have the original core.

Engine/trans specs per Jon Vinson
1. Bored 40 over, Balanced.
2. Sealed Power Aluminum flat top pistons.
3. Balanced Factory Steel Crank.
4. Mopar Performance Purple Shaft cam 292/509.
5. Double Roller Timing Chain,
6. H/O Mopar Performance Oil Pump.
7. Mopar Performance M-1 4 bbl. intake.
8. Block # is 2536430-8, Date appears to be - 51468or9
Heads:
1. Factory Early Model Closed Chambered Heads.
2. Angle Milled 60 ths.
3. 214 Inake, 184 Exhaust valves.
4. Ported, Polished, Port Matched
5. Mopar Performance Chrome Valve Covers.
727 Transmission
1. JVX Built with modified Shift Kit
2. Kevlar Bands and Clutches.
3. Manual or Auto shift.
Both Engine and Transmission have only 5,000 miles on them.

DSCN3095.JPG

DSCN3106.JPG

DSCN3082.jpg

DSCN3121.JPG

DSCN3146.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back