• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner hood vent mesh

69roadr

Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
My car has the fresh air hood with the mesh screen. My question is that it has 2 sets on each side for a total of four of these. Is this correct, or did the factory put 2 on each side by mistake? IMG_2557.jpg

This has been seen before but it should just come with 1 per side. You lucked out with 2 sets.

My hood had one set. Do you also have the long angle bars to hold the mesh flat?

My hood had one set. Do you also have the long angle bars to hold the mesh flat?

it has the long angled bars and short ones as it should, with the straight slot screws in it to hold in place. What exactly are the screens made of, seems like aluminum to me, not too sure.

if anybody wants the other set, $50.00 shipped to your door. they are in perfect condition:)

People always ask about correct color for these. I've had mine apart and scratched at the screen with a knife to get to the bare aluminum on a few spots, I can find any evidence of mine ever being orange and it seems like I am the first person to take them out since the car was built. Mine are black, and I hope that's right because I plan on keeping mine black as the orange wouldn't look right on my car (i dont think so anyways)

People always ask about correct color for these. I've had mine apart and scratched at the screen with a knife to get to the bare aluminum on a few spots, I can find any evidence of mine ever being orange and it seems like I am the first person to take them out since the car was built. Mine are black, and I hope that's right because I plan on keeping mine black as the orange wouldn't look right on my car (i dont think so anyways)
should be red but its your car so do what ever you like

Mesh should be orange if it's a fresh air car, but the factory sometimes did whatever they wanted, so... it is what it is.

I have seen both and not sure if there is a rule for that. Mine are orange. But I also have a hood stripe car so maybe that has something to do with it. A buddy has a 69 hemi GTX and I think his are black and he has no hood stripes. His car is unrestored and one owner since 76 or so.

Auto Transport Service
Back