• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner Rear bumper

Brysherexx

Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
Is their anybody that still straightens and chromes bumpers or would I be better buying one from jegs or AMD
Are the after market bumpers any good?

There is an outfit here that still does so. Sorry but I’ve l
since deleted their contact info - they did my front and rear with some straightening and a great chrome job. They’re located in Santa Fe Springs just a bit South of LA. There’s two - one named Bumper Boyz which I wouldn’t use and the one I used had a similar name - It is Bumper (something) I think Bumper Buddies. I just did a search and the name comes up but not a lot else. Santa Fe Springs appears to have several others. Bumper Boyz in LA goes to all the big car shows around the country and they carry finished stock with them for sale with a core. You can try them too - it‘s just that I‘ve heard bad and good - and was trying to steer you right. Good luck!

Kansas Bumper & Body Parts Inc​

1801 S Mead St, Wichita, KS, 67211​

(316) 262-0500​

Kansas Bumper & Body Parts Inc

My personal experience with these folks was way beyond AWESOME when I was living back in Kansas.

They do straighten, repair, and re-chrome......

You're in Texas, you might find something local. The really good shops (tri city plating, etc.) you'd have to ship to, adding cost.
I'm in california, any decent shop here will charge three times what an AMD would cost.
No brainer for me, AMD.

You're in Texas, you might find something local. The really good shops (tri city plating, etc.) you'd have to ship to, adding cost.
I'm in california, any decent shop here will charge three times what an AMD would cost.
No brainer for me, AMD.
Not my experience with Bumper Buddies. They picked up from my house - both bumpers and exhaust tips - completed the job and brought them back to my home. The cost of everything was (I can’t remember) but very worthwhile and an awesome job. And of course I didn’t have some aftermarket bumpers - my originals.

Not my experience with Bumper Buddies. They picked up from my house - both bumpers and exhaust tips - completed the job and brought them back to my home. The cost of everything was (I can’t remember) but very worthwhile and an awesome job. And of course I didn’t have some aftermarket bumpers - my originals.
Was it "Bumper Connection"?

Was it "Bumper Connection"?
See that’s part of my problem - I can’t pin it down. Just not sure except that it was Bumper something and in Santa Fe Springs. That’s all I got …. Wish I had the specifics

Personally, I prefer reconditioning original parts whenever I can, and have always replated my originals rather than buying imported repops. The cost can be prohibitive as a late 60's B Body bumper can cost you $800 each to be chrome plated though, which is like double what it cost me to have mine done about 10 years ago. If you opt to go get yours replated, excellent chrome work comes down to surface prep - much like body prep before paint.

FYI Bumper Boys IMO was ok for a driver quality car, but I wouldn't put their bumpers on a car with an expensive paint job.

Last edited:
Try Electro-Plating of El Paso. Used them a few years ago, and everything came out great. A friend of mine just received his stuff for his Dodge pick up back from them and it came out great!

Auto Transport Service
Back