• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner Water coming from bottom of doors in heavy rain

So i did the hose trick today. Water coming in from the doors and the windshield. There appears to be a gap between my windshield rubber seal and the trim piece. Gonna prolly take that to a windshield expert and see what they have to say.

I did notice i don't have plastic on the inside of my doors. Going to try to do that today and see if it solves my door issue.

So i did the hose trick today. Water coming in from the doors and the windshield. There appears to be a gap between my windshield rubber seal and the trim piece. Gonna prolly take that to a windshield expert and see what they have to say.

I did notice i don't have plastic on the inside of my doors. Going to try to do that today and see if it solves my door issue.
Did you make certain the door drains are clear and working?

Can you take a picture looking up from with the door open, might take a couple. Don't want to see inside of door.

Did you make certain the door drains are clear and working?
Yes, the door drains are working. I added plastic to the doors and it appears to have solved the issue with the doors.

I still have water coming in from the windshield. I'm not sure waht to do about that. Maybe put some polyurethane between the windshield seal and the trim piece maybe? That'll be for another weekend.

Thanks everyone for the help, i'm a little closer to having a dry car in the rain.

Here's the door after adding the new seal. no more water inside.

Image.jpg

If water persists in flooding through the bottom of the doors....please check and verify for us that the car is not upside-down. :poke:

I fail to see how installing the vapor barrier keeps water out of the doors, they will however keep the door cards dry...... and how could there be water in the doors if the drains are open?

any moisture inside the doors is likely getting past the rubber squeegee or the bottom of the wing window

I fail to see how installing the vapor barrier keeps water out of the doors, they will however keep the door cards dry...... and how could there be water in the doors if the drains are open?

any moisture inside the doors is likely getting past the rubber squeegee or the bottom of the wing window
I did see after everything was installed that the rubber squeegee was bound up and bent in the wrong direction. Was able to correct that as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back