• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner wheel size options

koosh

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello guys....aquired 69 RR, IMO, needs wheel and tire upgrade....can anyone tell me biggest, widest wheels and tires that fit, with no mods?
Anyone use the rear leaf spring relocation kit suppose to add 3 more inches of clearance?
Thanks!

I ran a 295/65r15 on the rear with 15x8” wheels (4.5” bs) and super stock springs. Probably can get away with a 275/60r15 with stock style suspension (that’s a 28x10.5). Honestly, you want the smallest tire that will hook. Less unsprung weight and more power to the ground with a smaller tire. If you're running a 4.10 gear, going from a 28-30" tire will decrease the effective gear ratio around - 0.3:1. So, 4.10 to 3.80 effective. I would go with a 4.30 gear if running a 30" tire.

Last edited:
15 x 8" with 4.5" back-spacing and a 4.5" bolt circle. I run 275 60-15"s. No rub. Have also run the same wheel size with 29.5 x 9 x 15 M/T Bias Ply Slicks. They look even better!
Chicken at Dom's.JPG

Great info !! I too recently acquired a 69'RR...I would like to go with steel wheels...Not crazy about the Keystones on it now. IF anyone is interested in them, let me know.

Thanks !!!

IMG_0488.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back