• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner Window regulator fix ?

69roadrunner383

Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
Passenger side front window regulator sounds “stripped “ when turning handle and won’t roll up or down. It only works when I push in on it very hard. I thought it was stripped teeth, but I put a pair of vise grips on it and It does the same thing. Is there any kind of fix for this? Or do I just need to replace the regulator? Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Passenger side front window regulator sounds “stripped “ when turning handle and won’t roll up or down. It only works when I push in on it very hard. I thought it was stripped teeth, but I put a pair of vise grips on it and It does the same thing. Is there any kind of fix for this? Or do I just need to replace the regulator? Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
Take it out and do a physical look. Mine did the same and all teeth gone

They wear out. If it is shot, replace it. I think they make repos but I don't know if they are any good.

Yeah, I kind of figured I’d probably need a new one. Thought maybe there might be something I overlooked. Thanks for all the help guys.

Hey one more thing about those regulators. When I had mine out it snapped down and about got my fingers. That spring has a lotta tension. Think I was checking movement when it happened so please use extreme caution

Auto Transport Service
Back