• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner

69moparmike

Reaction score
Hello everyone from mopar land, I joined cause i love mopars and I have a few questions I would like some help with. One at a time, I am wondering what is a good front tire size to put on a 69 runner, its got lilike a 6" x 15 on it, they're just to skinny, the car floats a little in the front end and I'm afraid if I ever went around a corner to fast I'd slide right off the road. Would like something a little beefy up front, sny suggestions?

Yes rim to, as its too skinny for anything wider. I wanna eventually do a front disc brake conversion so I'm thinking of sticking to 15"

Hi 69moparmike - welcome to our forum. Tell us more about your road runner!

If you're looking for handling, great! But unfortunately the stickiest tires are getting bigger and bigger. You can still get some 15" sizes, like a BF Goodrich Radial T/A, but the really sticky ones, like a Michelin Pilot Super Sport are usually 18" and up. I'd go with at least a 15 X 8 and up from there.

-=Photon440=-

welcome to FBBO, check out the many threads about suspension & wheels & tires allot of combos to choose from, my 68 RR handles way better & with just bigger better front & rear sway bars, good bushing not 40+ year old stuff, bigger better brakes, bigger better torsion bars, a much better shock, a wider stickier performance tire, lighter weight wider taller rims, or full on tubular suspension mods like I'm doing, will drastically improve the handling... good luck what ever you decide...

Ok thanks guys I think I got it figured out, I'm going with 26x9.5x15" with bf goodrich t/a. On weld draglites.

hi and welcome to the site well I guess:worthless_thread:

15 x 8 wheels, MT tires handles good with power steering.

20130420_083422_zps0d11f539.jpg

Awesome car, I've got a T5 Runner as well. If I remember right my rims are Crager SS 15X7 in the front with 235/60-15 and 15x8 in back with 255/60-15

Back