• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 RR 589ci Mild Wedge race results

I haven't got any feedback from the driver yet... actually (understandable)
:lol: That may be me too, but the grin I'd have would need surgery to remove. :D
The folks here help a lot, and I try to make the most of what they tell me, even if I don't always follow what is "the fastest" I am doing what I can to make good use of it.
Some time around after Labor Day or September I'm supposed to get my car back, and then I'll be hitting the track quite a bit. Cruisin the Coast is in October, so if I pick up any grudge races for track night in the miles long lines of cars, I'd like to put my best foot forward, and squash my wife's GTO (again) too.
Hope by October 2021 I'll have the stroker in.

hat may be me too, but the grin I'd have would need surgery to remove.

Yep can't remember which of the faster runs it was but as I walked back with the ticket it was just like that with him, ear to ear it was, makes it all worth while spending all that money, at his time of life why not, you only live once eh.:thumbsup: and his missus pushed him as well to go for it.
Shame I don't feel the same way, been there and done that sort of guy I am, crewing is enough for me.

spending all that money
No kids, so yeah, the 3 friends my age whose funerals I've been to in the last 3 years didn't have any cash stuffed in their coffins...
The one major event my wife and I do EVERY year is Cruisin the Coast, all 8 days, and we go to car shows and show and shine events more than any other one outdoor events, so, yeah!
I decided to stop talking about it and move forward (and still talk about it lol.)
Thanks!

The fast runs are sure exciting, but winning a big money race against well known big time winners is really exciting.

The fast runs are sure exciting, but winning a big money race against well known big time winners is really exciting.
I really don't see that happening, but who knows what may happen. Bracket racing usually follows test and tune, and doesn't usually cost any more than the T&T charge.
Then again, beating a Fairlane or Chevelle with a "friendly wager" would be winning 3 times: the race, the money, and representing for the MOPAR NATION :thumbsup: :moparsmiley:

Once I got started, got hooked, winning my first bracket race really was a thrill. Kept at it for over 15 years traveling around the midwest. The cost factor sure needs to be kept in mind. Follow your own path with your project.

traveling around the midwest
Yeah, I have the "wife factor" so I don't see traveling around bracket racing on her schedule for me...
It's funny you mention that though, I've met a couple of guys at my "local" track who do just that.

Yeah, I have the "wife factor" so I don't see traveling around bracket racing on her schedule for me...
It's funny you mention that though, I've met a couple of guys at my "local" track who do just that.
& let alone

an Inconsistent manual trans & crappy rear no sidewall tires :poke:
no "all aluminum $20k 6bbl stroker motor", "yet" either
& not even a pass on the new suspension combo "yet"

cars not even out of the mechanics shop with the latest mods
& a cam'd up mostly stock 440-6bbl

sorry Biomedaluminum6bblstrokerdude

I had to do it, just busting your balls :bananadance:

don't give up your dreams

Last edited:
Inconsistent manual trans
I've been reading about bobtile as he was getting faster, the things he was trying, some with a great deal of incremental success, some not so much.
Several AUTO transmission tear downs, sprags, bands, zizzle wheels, broken multiple times. As long as it doesn't break, my 855 is simple enough to understand and operate....18 spline 833 as backup (whenever I get it back from Passon)
Need more "stall"? EasyPeasy!
One clutch disc and 4 friction surfaces:
Both sides of the disc, the flywheel and the pressure plate. I definitely can NOT fix an automatic, but I can change the 3 previously named parts.
crappy rear no sidewall tires :poke:
Not the best for the track, by far, but given that in the 2½ years I've had them, 90+% of the time on the street, I've never been afraid of a rainstorm. They still have yet to be warmed up with the line lock being installed, plus the other traction aids, they will get a fair chance to hook.
no "all aluminum $20k 6bbl stroker motor", "yet" either
Yeah, but I did put a chunk of a deposit on one, and other than buying it outright, it's a big step in the right direction!
not even a pass on the new suspension combo "yet"
Man! I can't WAIT!
not even out of the mechanics shop with the latest mods
True, but I went ahead and put them in my signature!
:bananadance:
just busting your balls :bananadance:don't give up your dreams
I'm NOT, I'm making them happen, with some help from FBBO!!
:luvplace:

Here's 1 of the runs I took with my camera (must get better at it) think this was the 10.5, plenty to do, spinning the tyres, not enough separation, topping it out etc..too much up on the verter/suspension.....

Last edited:
I've been reading about bobtile as he was getting faster, the things he was trying, some with a great deal of incremental success, some not so much.
Several AUTO transmission tear downs, sprags, bands, zizzle wheels, broken multiple times. As long as it doesn't break, my 855 is simple enough to understand and operate....18 spline 833 as backup (whenever I get it back from Passon)
Need more "stall"? EasyPeasy!
One clutch disc and 4 friction surfaces:
Both sides of the disc, the flywheel and the pressure plate. I definitely can NOT fix an automatic, but I can change the 3 previously named parts.

Not the best for the track, by far, but given that in the 2½ years I've had them, 90+% of the time on the street, I've never been afraid of a rainstorm. They still have yet to be warmed up with the line lock being installed, plus the other traction aids, they will get a fair chance to hook.

Yeah, but I did put a chunk of a deposit on one, and other than buying it outright, it's a big step in the right direction!

Man! I can't WAIT!

True, but I went ahead and put them in my signature!
:bananadance:

I'm NOT, I'm making them happen, with some help from FBBO!!
:luvplace:

Biomed6bblstroker
I hope you don't have a crapload of parts breakage
clutch or trans problems (like most who've ran them have had)
I'd really hate to see, that 855 grenaded
big engines & lots of torque & no real racing manual trans or clutches
make for a bad mix, some are really costly

(even in auto's too, 700+hp & 600+ tq, tends to break stuff, easily)

anyway
I was 3 Makers Mark's dbls & 3 Samual Adams chasers in
after swimming & having fun next door

I was feeling my oats, really having fun

DWT drink while typing :poke:
Smiley Friends.jpg

Last edited:
Biomed6bblstroker
I hope you don't have a crapload of parts breakage
clutch or trans problems (like most who've ran them have had)
I'd really hate to see, that 855 grenaded
big engines & lots of torque & no real racing manual trans or clutches
make for a bad mix, some are really costly

(even in auto's too, 700+hp & 600+ tq, tends to break stuff, easily)

anyway
I was 3 Makers Mark's dbls & 3 Samual Adams chasers in
after swimming & having fun next door

I was feeling my oats, really having fun

DWT drink while typing :poke:
View attachment 973267
:thumbsup: :lol: :drinks::rofl:
You should know by now, after the mutual shredding we gave each other when you were TRUMPnicks and I was BiomedCRUZdude that our friendship can make it through just about anything.
Good advice all around.
In a thread about matthon having more problems than I could have gone through without being a featured segment on the national news with his Passon a855, I have already said if the 855 breaks because it can't handle the power of the stroker, I have my 833 as backup and I will have enough information to have another kind of 5 speed picked out, whether Jerico or maybe a Liberty TKO, etc. and when the 855 is fixed I should be able to get a good price for it.
Of course with those too short crappy sidewalls I never expect to hook up anyway, so maybe that's part of my secret plan to keep the 855 from breaking.
BWA-HA-HAAAAA...
:lol:

@440rb needs to work the camera stuff
hint;
point camera "at the direction of the car" while it's going down track
not at the ground :poke:

I shouldn't talk, I think, I'm the worst photographer on earth
or 2nd worst maybe :D

I did like the sound

the rear shocked seemed a tad stiff
needs to stay on the back tire a bit longer
or it just unloaded the tires spinning
could also be, front (weight transfer) isn't letting it go up enough too

Here's 1 of the runs I took with my camera (must get better at it) think this was the 10.5, plenty to do, spinning the tyres, not enough separation, topping it out etc..too much up on the verter/suspension.....

I've looked at 4 vids I took Budnicks and it hooks initially and as the front comes up it hits the limit and unloads the tyre, you can hear it, in fact it picks them again slightly once its settled and hooks again. I'm no front suspension parts guru, could be the 90/10's not long enough?.....don't wanna remove the bump stops as it is driven somewhat on the street so not sure how were gonna get things sorted at the mo apart from some adj for the front, and see if anything is binding but we'll get there, the shocks were on either 7 or 5 on that run can't remember.
Yes my phone camera skills need improving but tbh I was only interested in the hit for now. You can see better if you go to settings and play it at slow speed.

Last edited:
I've looked at 4 vids I took Budnicks and it hooks initially and as the front comes up it hits the limit and unloads the tyre, you can hear it, in fact it picks them again slightly once its settled and hooks again. I'm no front suspension parts guru, could be the 90/10's not long enough?.....don't wanna remove the bump stops as it is driven somewhat on the street so not sure how were gonna get things sorted at the mo apart from some adj for the front, and see if anything is binding but we'll get there, the shocks were on either 7 or 5 on that run can't remember.
Yes my phone camera skills need improving but tbh I was only interested in the hit for now. You can see better if you go to settings and play it at slow speed.

I had similar experience with my tube Arrow, I wasn't up on the converter to work the suspension like it wanted. More rpm on the line worked the suspension harder, worked. Seemed like that should carry the tires past where the shock limit would cause the bounce. Looser converter??

Looser converter....perhaps, the one in it is a TCI ProX 3600>4200, I would've had 1 made for the car personally but the guy assembling the car had it there already. We are going to get a go pro in the car and set it up on the tach, to date I don't know anything about flash stall/shift point or trap rpm etc. and those are important things. Max torque on this baby is@4400 with 724ftlbs you'd have thought it was enough to carry it through any topping out issues but it is front heavy with that block. Personally I think some dble adj fronts to slow the rise rate down. Also coming up on the converter which raises the car up and wadding the tyre as it does isn't the best way on our car, lower rpm let the car stay at its height (its too high as it is) will work better and we'll stiffen the shocks and take a run at the converter for a harder hit that should work better?. I've certainly got my work cut out here and my brain hurts already!! The car had similar issues with the mild 440 previous with SS springs, hope this doesn't turn into a saga.:rolleyes:.....and I bet you guys hope not as well:D

Last edited:
[
could be the 90/10's not long enough?
I know you are referring to length, not adjustability, but then here:
I think some dble adj fronts to limit how fast it reacts and slow the rise rate down I think.
I'm pointing these out because some of my beloved advisors may think that I have overdone some of the choices I've made.
Well I certainly don't have the money to waste, but over a year ago I got Viking double adjustable front shocks, and after talking over my current status and future plans, I got triple adjustable Viking Warriors in the XS variety for the rear.
As long as I don't get lost in a "too many adjustment options" wasteland, I'll be OK.

No I don't think you've over done it, Viking DA's is what we should go with, or something similar and it may happen, you need some stout valved shocks for the rear being stick as once you get within 2>3 10ths of a number as in 10's you wont want to stop and work the car harder. However both our cars are "nice" and there are limits to what one does to a nice car even for the sake of going faster. He still has the complete stock interior with bench seat, basically the car is out the factory apart from the paint job and fibre bonnet. I would've bought stiff sidewall slicks for ours, different lighter weight wheels, taller front race tyres as in old school like 27>28" tall and swapped them on race day along with a host of other things, but anyway it is what it is and as long as I'm out there at race day we'll all have some fun.

No I don't think you've over done it, Viking DA's is what we should go with
I appreciate that, and I'm just kidding the guys who have said (and may be 100% right) "9 way Ranchos is all I have and I run 10s" yada yada.
I figure as long as I don't have so many choices of adjustments to make I make the wrong ones, I need a little more flexibility than the slush box guys because I'm handicapped by a manual transmission. :D Even though I've had the DAs on the front for a couple of years, my traction problems have been so bad I haven't tried different settings yet, other than when I first installed them and the car felt like it had pogo sticks for front shocks. Now that I have hopes of hooking up, I'll be seeing what they can do for the whole package.
you need some stout valved shocks for the rear
Well, the high speed and low speed compression adjustments on the rear shocks I got may play a part, and I am sure the "SX" Street Xtreme variety I picked are more stout than the other "softer" ones.

I'm surprised it 60 fts as well as it does. The rear suspension appears fully extended when staged before it ever moves. No wonder it spins. The 1st thing I'd do is lower the rear ride height and make sure the shocks have enough travel.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back