• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 RR 589ci Mild Wedge race results

As do I, I've only raced an E bod and an A bod, both cars had plenty of front end travel, don't know if a B bod front susp is different in any way or if its the shocks topping but we'll find out. The Mono's prob increase ride height 1"+ and 29" slicks as well. I'm 65mls away from where the car is so only see it on race day as busy here with my work. Cutting the bump stop down may help some? and were going for some adj's on the front to slow the rate of rise down. I have already mentioned about rear ride height and lowering blocks and they are not on the agenda I've been told so I'm looking@27>28" front tyres as a solution?? if he agrees to that, current tyres are 26" tall. I believe the wheel opening will take it?, perhaps some of you guys would know better...only down side to that is the RT's may suffer unless we deep stage but thats risky.
Were not gonna load the converter up in future as its too tight as I see it but run at it from just above idle and see but to do that I'll have to make the sure the carbs right, not looked at it yet at all. Calvert 9-ways should be long enough, if not I beleive you can still buy shock extensions as I had on the Cuda. I was surprised as well about the 60's being 1.51>1.50>1.50, thats only .03 from where we would be for a 10.5 according to Wallace......Early days, much to do and next race weekend is on Aug 1 (quali)>2nd (elims). I think were really looking at next year to go rounds unless were lucky although the last 2 runs being 10.64/10.56 ain't bad but that don't cut it even here these days in brkts, so even though the hit is bad and were turning the tyres it was fairly consistently bad.:)

Last edited:
No long story, just to say were down to 1.43 60's@3828lbs, a backing off in comp, losing 8mph and still running 10.44@120 on a 10.48 dial, still through exhausts...great when things go well even losing.

Last edited:
Getting better, 1.43/1.43/1.45 60's, 10.45/10.45/10.49 ET's, not killing the tyre so much now@16psi, some ways to go yet, we have a competitive brkt car now apart from the 1st round red light loss (-0.012).. 10.45 on a 10.44 dial, not good enough>

Johns Launch5.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!!
Great looking launch pic:thumbsup:
X2 I was just thinking that! The front tires look like they both came up the same height. What kind of frame/body stiffening structure(s) does the car have? Roll bar? Subframe connectors? And/Or?
I just had USCT subframe connectors and front and rear torque boxes welded in, and front inside and outside leaf spring hanger reinforcement plates installed.
I have a 541 stroker planned, block on order, so I'm getting my car setup for it.

Excellent launch attitude. Great 60'. If you don't go red sometimes, doubt you will win much. Of course I may be defending my MANY red lights. LOL

thanks guys...nothing exotic, frame connectors and a 5 point cage, he didn't want a bar in the passenger side:rolleyes:. Forgot to say bottom hole still on caltrac bar with 1.0 flat preload and 9-ways on 7 hard not that the info will help anyone, let me tell ya caltracs/mono's ain't easy to get right, were still not there yet although John is happy, me not quite so, perhaps I'm being a bit too hard.

Last edited:
And this was the car we lost to, thought it might go down well>

dons car.jpg

not that the info will help anyone, let me tell ya caltracs/mono's ain't easy to get right
One of the reasons why I just had Calvert split mono leaf springs, sliders, and Assassin traction bars, with the triple adjustable Warrior Viking shocks installed is because I thought that combo would be easier to dail in than RMS or Gerst triangulated 4 link rear suspension...
Car is still having work done, so I can't comment further on this.

Well here's one more and there's others, like the orginal SS/IA Rod Shop challenger.....its like going back to the 70's...UKNSS is growing to be a very popular class>

Akron Arlen.jpg
akron and don.jpg

There's no 1 setting for all cars as you know Bio, sussing it out hasn't been easy and we still haven't got it real good.

Last edited:
Well here's one more and there's others, like the orginal SS/IA Rod Shop challenger.....its like going back to the 70's...UKNSS is growing to be a very popular class
Thanks for the additional picture.
I'm biased...the Roadrunner you are working with and the Superbird were GREAT!!!! Funny thing is, as much as I love the 70 Roadrunner, 69 and 68 as well, and as great as that 'Bird pic is lifting the front wheels at the launch-nose cone, wing, and all, and for me to own a Superbird tribute car (twin turbo Gen 3 Hemi powered, made to handle, stop, and go on the open road) would be a (another) dream come true,, I just find quarter mile 'Birds and Daytonas "out of place".
Well, the blue one is cool, and then there's THIS!!

I've got a t-shirt from a different, tho similar power, voodoo hemi.
The one I saw had a blown hemi too, in a 37 Airflow coupe.
Edit: my mistake, 35 Airflow sedan. Google voodoo hemi airflow.

Yeah birds don't quite look right in d/racing to me as well, the 43 tribute car runs a 572 Hemi with 2 x Doms and has gone in the 9.6's@142, the voodoo Hemi runs a lot@SPR, has gone 5.90's, recently suffered a bad crash but back together now. As 33IMP said, they do have a nice advantage with the nose cone in a close 1 in the traps, there's quite a few '65 Belvedere's and a '66 charger, only car we don't have is a 70>74 Cuda racing, keep thinking about it but always come back to the fact that I've been there and done that 30+yrs ago.....And there's only 1 mopar using SS springs, every other car is mono's/ caltracs.

340 launch.jpg

Last edited:
@440rb the car/RR looks like it hooks well & is getting better

too bad about the red light & barely breaking out

thanks for the updates & photos too

@440rb the car/RR looks like it hooks well & is getting better

too bad about the red light & barely breaking out

thanks for the updates & photos too

No probs, I think the car has reached close to its max currently with the way its set up which is fine if we can repeat to a few 100ths, thats how close things are in the class to do well, I'd like to get the car into the very low 10's as a lot of the cars run thereabouts or in the high 9's and he's getting chased down being .5 off. Still got to get him better at driving the stripe as well now he's a chaser sometimes as well, he's getting there, the one thing thats helped a bunch is I made him promise to only shift when the tach light came on (set to 5800) max power and we decided to stage shallow everytime so he don't pull a red in comp:rolleyes:.....all elementary stuff really.
We got a real nice Thumper BLP Billet Dominator carb to try at the track over that puny 830cfm (950hp) which pulls 2hg@6000, reckon there could be a 1/10th or so in that (even though he doesn't really have enough converter) and some mph as were a bit down, but it won't be going on till next year I'm told, thats if I don't sell it first, don't want it sitting for 8mnths really, personally I would be itching to try it, we got enough motor for it (589x6000+3456x101%=1032cfm....Last outing Sept 27>28...so at least I won't bore you lot with all this till then:)

0 thunp carb.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back