• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 rr fender tag decode

19 69 GTX

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
Please decode thanks. Not the easiest to read I don't have car yet. Picking it up this weekend. Definitely a B5 blue car which I love and think it's a 4 speed car.

received_3426302764312933.jpeg

B5 blue exterior, black interior, 4-speed, coupe.

So not many options lol. Can we tell if it was a vinyl top car or what rear gear. Has dash tach as well if that has a option code
B5 blue exterior, black interior, 4-speed, coup

Can we tell if it was a vinyl top car or what rear gear. Has dash tach as well if that has a option code
Your tag doesn't code for either vinyl top nor tach... but Lynch Road was very frugal with their tag info... must have had to pay the stamping-guy "per character"! LOL

That said, I would assume yours did not come with a vinyl top from the factory because they usually coded that option (for holes for trim and so paint knows to skip the roof) - they coded without the "V", so it was "1X" for Black; "1W" for White, etc. Would think the tach would code also, if original, due to the extra hole to be drilled in the firewall before paint, but I don't know that for sure. Someone certainly could have added it later in life. No chance your broadcast sheet might still be in a seat spring somewhere? You know where to look?

"593" is the code for an 8-3/4" axle with 3.23 open gears for a car with 11" drum brakes all around - presumably 3" front and 2-1/2" rear, but that's another 'not quite sure' for me.

Lastly - "80" (080) seems to be an error for what transmission. D21 (shown at bottom) is a 4-speed (kosher), but 080 (2892080) was a code for an A904 that went behind a 318 in '68/69?? (not kosher) Maybe I'm way off base here, I don't know.
"925" is the code for a 383 4BBL, manual transmission, heater; no A/C, 335hp, Orange, HP stamp 1969 according to the info I have

I presume it's all a done deal - you know where to check your various VIN number ( RM21H9A154369 ) locations?

So not many options lol. Can we tell if it was a vinyl top car or what rear gear. Has dash tach as well if that has a option code

Lynch Radio did not code many options so we really don't know to much about what the car came with solely from the tag.

This car does not code for a vinyl top.
A tach is not coded on a 69 Lynch Road tag.
The transmission code is 603. That is correct for this application

154368.jpeg

Last edited:
The two lines between the paint line, and the engine, rear-end, trans line, is for the options on a lynch road tag.
You know, the ones that arent there. Stripper four speed runner, cheap as could be gotten. Essential rr concept, taxi with a bunch of hipo stuff.

Dealers would sometimes upsell options not present on the car. When I bought my 1969 SuperBee, the dealer added the clock/tach, replacing the standard rallye clock, and an AM radio, by me paying the option price. This way, I able to specify a rear deck aerial, because the front fender was not punched for an antenna. Of course, none of this showed up on fender tag, just on the paper sales agreement. 50 years ago, who cared?

I presume it's all a done deal - you know where to check your various VIN number ( RM21H9A154369 ) locations?

Yes buying it on Sunday hopefully as long as things go as planned. Its a 730 mile trip so who knows lol. Yes I know where to check for vin on core support and rear quarters. I'm pretty sure it's got the original sheet metal still. I like that it's a bare bones car the way they were supposed to be. Would be cool if the build sheet is still in car somewhere. Does not have original 383 it has a 440 now but could possibly have original trans.

Auto Transport Service
Back