• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR hood

CR-LesPaul

Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Roadrunner, 383, 4 sp, all numbersmatching. It was repainted before i bought it an the hood is all B5. Is there any way to tell from the fender tag if it should have the black stripes?

V21 would be the option code on the fender tag for performance hood stripe. Lynch Road built cars don't list many codes on their tags, so if made there, it may not be stamped.

V21 would be the option code on the fender tag for performance hood stripe. Lynch Road built cars don't list many codes on their tags, so if made there, it may not be stamped.
This one is from CA. I was looking for a B5 made in STL. If made in second shirt it could have been painted by my cousin but this car had everything I wanted at a price I could afford. Thank you!

This one is from CA. I was looking for a B5 made in STL. If made in second shirt it could have been painted by my cousin but this car had everything I wanted at a price I could afford. Thank you!
I added the black hood treatment on my 69 RR B5 blue even though it didn't come from the factory so equipped. Just because I think it looks cool and breaks up all the blue.

…Lynch Road built cars don't list many codes on their tags, so if made there, it may not be stamped.
@hun2elk, this is a new one for me. I have an “A“ built ’69 myself. Can you elaborate on that some more for me?

Lynch road tags generally are very limited as to what options were stamped into a fender tag. The broadcast sheet basically had all the options info. Second line from the top on the tag, told which engine assy, trans assy, and rearend the car got (including the brakes). If the option needed a specific hole drilled for it, it got mentioned on the fender tag.
The L.A. and St. Louis built cars had more options info on the tag.

Lynch Road tags were sparse to say the least...
beerestoration2017 908.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back