• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'69 RR (HULK) Restoration - All new to me

Q5 was a rare color, not too many are out there in this hue. My GTX came in this color too. Now, what's your end state? How far do you want to go in terms of restoration/restomodding, etc? If you get it Media Blasted, you'll commit to a path to go all the way, and, you'll be doing it correctly too doing it that way. Love the old rusty Crager SS wheels too, and the bias ply tires! Coolness!

The broadcast sheet is in pretty bad shape. But I'm keeping it anyway. You can make out about 97% of the codes on it.

I am definitely keeping the Q5 color on it. I have yet to see this color in person. I plan on doing a full restoration to it. It's going to take me a while. But, I'm committed.

Thanks for the encouragement. Definitely appreciate it.

Posted via Topify using Android

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
And here's the code plate. With and without flash.

Posted via Topify using Android

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 216
  • resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 209
Nice, that car is super solid, really cool story, good luck with your restore and keep the progress updates and pics coming.

-John

Great project car & pretty damn solid to start with, from those photos anyway, that Q5 Seafoam Turquoise Poly paint is cool, very much like the LL1 Surf Turquoise Metallic from 68, great color....

Sorry to hear about your dad but it is a great story keeping that old Bird alive and Q5 is pretty rare.Great color as well.Incredible what great condition that floor is in.I've just done my first bit of restoration on my 70RR which was kept to the engine compartment but it was a blast...enjoy your build...cheers

Dave

That is a really solid looking car, good luck with it and make sure you enjoy the journey.

Auto Transport Service
Back