• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 super bee quarter panel removal

Beechwood45789

Local time
3:51 PM
Reaction score
The only piece I need to get my super bee back together is a full driver's side quarter. Can't do any welding of the back end until I get it so I've been held up and I'm getting antsy. AMD originally estimated December 2021 arrival, then pushed to May, now I hear its still no set eta. I have a coronet parts car that has a semi-decent quarter on it (straight but will need several patches of its own). Is it feasible that I could get it off the car without mangling it beyond reusing? I want to get this show on the road already.

20220424_183203.jpg
20210920_184201.jpg

Will take a lot of time to remove prep/repair and install a used one.

Run a wanted ad, watch the classifieds for an AMD.

Absolutely you can do it, spot weld cutters and a little time. One thing for sure is it will fit better than the amd qtr.

With the proper tools and being careful, yes, it’s totally doable.

....I'd say this option.....AMD's panel will need lots of work to get it straight also and from what I've heard.....possibly more.

Will take a lot of time to remove prep/repair and install a used one.

Run a wanted ad, watch the classifieds for an AMD.

I put up a wanted ad a while back, crickets. I've searched high and low and it seems with the perpetual back order, any one who might have one isn't going to let it go. I think by the time Amd comes around I could have already carefully removed the one I have, repaired it, and be on the road to paint. Not to mention I'd be saving the 900 bucks. So hell with it, here goes nothin!

I put up a wanted ad a while back, crickets. I've searched high and low and it seems with the perpetual back order, any one who might have one isn't going to let it go. I think by the time Amd comes around I could have already carefully removed the one I have, repaired it, and be on the road to paint. Not to mention I'd be saving the 900 bucks. So hell with it, here goes nothin!

....had the same issue.....if the panel is 90%....patch it perfect......body lines are clean.....it will be better than the skin. You'd have been done months ago......AMD holding your cash and pumping the breaks on delivery times is unprofessional. Everyone know why Chi-com parts are getting here.....and why delays are going to last another 2-3 years.

Your cars, your decisions, but man I'd hate to cut that other car up from that one photo. Is it completely rotted underneath and on the other side?

Is it feasible that I could get it off the car without mangling it beyond reusing?

This is how it was done before reproduction panels were available. Like others have said take your time, and wear gloves, lots of sharp edges. I think I've installed more used quarters than new ones.

Not to mention I'd be saving the 900 bucks.

And I bet by the time they become available again you'll wish they were only $900. And don't forget freight will probably be more too.

So hell with it, here goes nothin!

Good luck, and post some more pics.

Your cars, your decisions, but man I'd hate to cut that other car up from that one photo. Is it completely rotted underneath and on the other side?

Ha I knew somebody would mention that. The picture makes it look like it's in good shape! Every panel has rust and the other side is hit hard. Frame, firewall, door jam area all tweaked. I took the trunk lid, fender, grill, interior pieces, trim, etc. So I'm afraid it's fate is sealed.

Auto Transport Service
Back