• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Super Bee Rebuild (my way)

It took me 3 sets returned before I got a reasonable set. But they're not installed yet either. Mine did come with holes but the new 1/4s don't. Yours turned out very nice.

Made the call and went with a white rump stripe. Actually the wife made the final call because I couldn't decide. I like it a lot so all is good.
All is not good with the quality of the stripe which came from Phoenix Graphics however. Flat out sucks imo. This is the first time I have bought from them and wished I would have stuck with my normal supplier of Performance Car Graphics. Saved $50., but not worth it for any of you looking to buy one of these rump stripes.

20200403_154127.jpg 20200403_153951.jpg 20200403_154222.jpg 20200403_154136.jpg

Last edited:
Made the call and went with a white rump stripe. Actually the wife made the final call because I couldn't decide. I like it a lot so all is good.
All is not good with the quality of the stripe which came from Phoenix Graphics however. Flat out sucks imo. This is the first time I have bought from them and wished I would have stuck with my normal supplier of Performance Car Graphics. Saved $50., but not worth it for any of you looking to buy one of these rumors stripes.

View attachment 931320 View attachment 931321 View attachment 931322 View attachment 931323
Not everyone can wear black. :)

Looks good from here.

Looks like it went on okay.. what's the issue with it?
I was all worried about getting the correct distance from the back of the stripe to the back of the quarter. That really isn't a concern because you are pretty much locked into position with the limited stripe material top and bottom on the quarters. I wanted to center the reflector in the stripe and not have it offset to the front like Darrin showed in my other thread. And then the circle with the Bee is not level with the world, or even the same from side to side. Biggest thing that stands out is that the circle is placed to low and nearly touches the reflector cutout.

You would think that a company that is authorized to sell Mopar stripes would have to meet certain standards.

Drivers side the brim of the helmet is right on the body line and look how close the circle is to the reflector hole. Passenger side the brim of the helmet is 1/4" above the body line. Also notice how the Bees don't sit horizontal.

20200403_153837.jpg 20200403_152417.jpg 20200403_152402.jpg

20200327_060200-jpg.jpg
LLL

Look how level the Bee is on Darrins car and also how much white decal is between the circle and the reflector opening.

Last edited:
Yep, your passenger side SUPER BEE is certainly clocked a few degrees wrong. Looking again, Drivers side too...
beerestoration2019part2 807.JPG

Last edited:
I use Performance Car Graphics, never had an issue. I can see the rotation previously mentioned. I would call and voice my concern with Phoenix. It is not right.

D

How do you get it back off without fawking the paint? Heat?
Just a little gentle heat and it will peel right off.

A bit late now, but I always float my decals on to the car and then slowly squeegee them into place. I agree the bee is out of alignment (although I doubt most casual people drooling over you car will notice). But in the future, you can cut out the circle around the bee before you put the main stripe on and then lay that in separately exactly how you want it placed and oriented.

Regardless, I think white is a bitchin' color for your car. Looks great!

Hawk

Last edited:
Drivers side the brim of the helmet is right on the body line and look how close the circle is to the reflector hole. Passenger side the brim of the helmet is 1/4" above the body line. Also notice how the Bees don't sit horizontal.

View attachment 931380 View attachment 931381 View attachment 931382
Y'know what, hunt3elk? Your car looks great, and the stripes are fine in my eyes. If you hadn't pointed out the problems, I wouldn't have noticed anything but a nice looking car. :)

Anybody want a slightly used 69 Bee stripe from Phoenix Graphics? It's off and I am ordering a new one from Performance Car Graphics. Lesson learned. I have way to much time and money into this car to have the focal point be out of wack. It would have always bothered me anyway. My wife says I'm a bit to ****, and she is probably correct.

20200403_202715.jpg

Just a little gentle heat and it will peel right off.

A bit late now, but I always float my decals on to the car and then slowly squeegee them into place. I agree the bee is out of alignment (although I doubt most casuals people drooling over you car will notice). But in the future, you can cut out the circle around the bee before you put the main stripe on and then lay that in separately exactly how you want it placed and oriented.
Thanks for the info, that's a good idea. My buddy who does the decal thing for a living absolutely hates putting them on wet. Always installs them dry. Hopefully the next one comes straight and I don't have worry about it.

Auto Transport Service
Back