• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Superbee 383 Highrise intake with ram air

You should think about the Holley Street Dominator. It's a great intake and not very tall. It has real good low end for a single plane and pulls real good up top. But its not that tall and might work for you. I had it on my old 440 that was in my 63. It was a mild 440 and it ran a best of 11.49 @ 116 with the Holley SD intake. Ron

220000192.gif

383 intake

The 383 Holley Street Dominator is probably one of the lowest aftermarket manifolds out there, but is still taller than a stock intake. I'm afraid it still won't fit. I helped a friend install a Holley SD with a Thermo Quad on a stock 68 Road Runner 383 and the unsilenced air breather. We had to find a thinner filter as the stock one caused the top of the breather to rub on the underhood pad, so I'd bet it won't fit.
I know many of you may shun my recommendation, but here goes- stock 400 Thermo Quad intake with a good TQ on top of it.
I have a 69 Coronet R/T with a 440 and the Ramcharger hood. Years ago I installed a stock 440 cast iron TQ intake and TQ on my 440 and everything fit fine. I always had vapor lock before that and never again after installing the TQ. It ran alot harder than the stock AVS and started much better.

Auto Transport Service
Back