• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Superbee window fuzzies and stainless trim

Rustymopar

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Does the glass need installed prior to the window fuzzies and stainless trim on the doors or can I install the window fuzzies and stainless trim and do the glass later, when I can find someone to show me how?

I am assuming you are talking about the horizontal window felt, that runs across the top of the door and quarter window areas? If so... it will be easier to do them with the glass out. Not as much a problem on the quarter windows, but very difficult on the doors with the glass in.

This was the feedback I needed. Obviously by the wrong terminology, it's my first time. I have a thread on the car resto. 69 Superbee Hemi Orange, white tailstripe and interior. Posting some engine pics now. Thanks!!

You may want to drop the window glass down inside the door first. then install the fuzzies then install the window regulator. IIRC when i installed the fuzzies before I dropped in the door glass I had difficulty getting them in past the fuzzies. Have fun. Check your FSM for details....

Fsm?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ken.. I will do that. If you're ever out and about come on ever and check it out in person.

It is really easy to pull the channel and window stop off the bottom of the glass which would make installing the glass after the fuzzies pretty easy. Only problem is the plastic plugs that hold them can be fragile and break but RT Specialties sells them all. I installed the glass first then the fuzzies.

FSM = Field Service Manual. I posted links to sites that offer for fee on this thread if you don't already have one.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...ar-Restoration-Library-thread-Possible-Sticky

- - - Updated - - -

It is really easy to pull the channel and window stop off the bottom of the glass which would make installing the glass after the fuzzies pretty easy. Only problem is the plastic plugs that hold them can be fragile and break but RT Specialties sells them all. I installed the glass first then the fuzzies.

Never thought of that...good tip.

X2 when you remove the old cat whiskers a lot of times they bend the slot they snap into and if you don't flatten it back out they don't sit flat and they look wavy... someone else on here must have a pic of what I'm talking about I use a small pry bar for carpentry to press the dimples flat and Clean-up the area good and mask off the old whisker then with a foam brush hit that area with Eastwood rust encapsulation primer.... same as everyone else but I take 10 times longer at everything....

Auto Transport Service
Back