• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Air Grabber Firewall Hole

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner with an air grabber.

Problem is, the hole where the hoses route through the firewall is not drilled. This hole is in the passenger side firewall above the heater hoses. Can someone please let me know the proper size of the hole?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hawk

Thanks!

Thank you both! I'm not sure how I missed your replies originally, but I truly appreciate you checking for me.

Now I can route these hoses properly! :headbang:

x 3, and the centre of the hole for your air grabber grommet is approx 80mm above the centre of the heater hoses (if that makes sense)

DSC01585_zps01ab6546.jpg

Please excuse the dust and marks on my car...hasn't been used in a while

x 3, and the centre of the hole for your air grabber grommet is approx 80mm above the centre of the heater hoses (if that makes sense)

DSC01585_zps01ab6546.jpg

Please speak English!!! This is a Muscle Car not a Toyota:argue:

Most English speaking countries use the Metric system. Almost the whole world, actually. :)

Many thanks for the additional information! Your measurement confirms that the location is where my car has a dimple in the firewall - so it should now be easy to drill! I just have to wait until the heater box is out and I can do it properly without messing up the firewall insulation or anything else. I don't want to blindly drill through the firewall...

Auto Transport Service
Back