• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 70 Buddy Seat Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wile E

Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Needing the brackets that are welded to floor for a 70 Coronet. Anybody got them laying around? I think 69 is the same and 68 might be different?

Needing the brackets that are welded to floor for a 70 Coronet. Anybody got them laying around? I think 69 is the same and 68 might be different?
I have buddy seat brackets and a chunk of floor from a 1975 Dodge Daytona. It's a late b-body of course but I can't imagine the brackets being different for 1970 model as all the buddy seats are interchangeable between these years.

P1010040 (1).JPG P1010042.JPG

You might be right. I hope another member chimes in if not? How much for the tunnel piece with the brackets? My zip is 62939

You might be right. I hope another member chimes in if not? How much for the tunnel piece with the brackets? My zip is 62939
$50.00 including the shipping to you.

I am not positive if the rear brackets changed in later years, but do know there are at least 2 different front brackets. The bolt hole spacing on later seats is narrower. Through 1970 used the wider mount 6.25" c to c, and later years were narrower as shown on the seat hyde-park posted, I think 3 inches or so.

I appreciate the info. I was on the same thought train. I hope another member can chime in to and be sure. I hate buying parts that I can't use. Lets see what happens? If they are correct I will buy them.

I am not positive if the rear brackets changed in later years, but do know there are at least 2 different front brackets. The bolt hole spacing on later seats is narrower. Through 1970 used the wider mount 6.25" c to c, and later years were narrower as shown on the seat hyde-park posted, I think 3 inches or so.
I just measured the spacing of the holes in the front bracket. It does indeed measure 3" center to center. I stand corrected.

Ok. So they will not be correct for 70 then? I am confused a little. I also have been told that the 70 used a slightly different bracket setup than the 68-9? I know Chrysler did change a lot of things between 69-70.

I will get my buddy seat out and do a measurement. That should solve the issue.

Ok. So they will not be correct for 70 then? I am confused a little. I also have been told that the 70 used a slightly different bracket setup than the 68-9? I know Chrysler did change a lot of things between 69-70.
No, the ones posted above will not work in your car. From all the buddy seats I have had, 1967-1970 B-bodies used the same brackets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back