• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buddy seat brackets

JMILL67

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I’m adding a buddy seat to my 67 Belvedere. Is there a factory location spec of where the brackets should be welded? I researched the forums, but didn’t see a clear response. My floor pan is original and doesn’t have indentations for brackets. I’m sure there’s a few guys out there that’ve added the buddy seat. Thanks.

I bolted my seats in the car. And then set the buddy seat with its brackets attached exactly where I wanted it so there were even gaps on both sides and it was level. Also set the for and aft so the front would line up with the drivers seat where I had it adjusted. Put a couple of tacks on the brackets, pulled all 3 seats and welded the bracket in solid. I put a buddy in both my B bodies and could find no locating dimples in the floorpans. Not really sure how the factory jigged them up.

I bolted my seats in the car. And then set the buddy seat with its brackets attached exactly where I wanted it so there were even gaps on both sides and it was level. Also set the for and aft so the front would line up with the drivers seat where I had it adjusted. Put a couple of tacks on the brackets, pulled all 3 seats and welded the bracket in solid. I put a buddy in both my B bodies and could find no locating dimples in the floorpans. Not really sure how the factory jigged them up.
This is how I planned to do it if there weren’t any solid replies. This way is logical, practical, and functional. Thanks!

Thats how I did my Bee

P1020781.JPG

I have the tunnel section out of a 67 Satellite with the buddy seat brackets. If I remember correctly, the piece I cut out extends outboard enough to include the inner bucket seat mounts. I can take a look tomorrow and send some pics & measurements if you want. Otherwise, the suggestions above sound good.

I have the tunnel section out of a 67 Satellite with the buddy seat brackets. If I remember correctly, the piece I cut out extends outboard enough to include the inner bucket seat mounts. I can take a look tomorrow and send some pics & measurements if you want. Otherwise, the suggestions above sound good.
Yes. Any pics with measurements would be great info to have and compare.

Not sure if these will be helpful or not. I didn't remember taking the brackets off the floor. You can see where the weld were broken to remove the brackets. They appear to mostly in line with the seat mounting holes. Let me know if there are any views or measurements that would help.
20231126_190706.jpg
20231126_190903.jpg
20231126_191040.jpg
20231126_191020.jpg

There are flat spots but no dimples.

That gives some flexibility.

I agree, put the brackets on the buddy, then test fit and mark.

IIRC the front bracket can only go in a small area.

Not sure if these will be helpful or not. I didn't remember taking the brackets off the floor. You can see where the weld were broken to remove the brackets. They appear to mostly in line with the seat mounting holes. Let me know if there are any views or measurements that would help.
View attachment 1564265View attachment 1564266View attachment 1564268View attachment 1564267
All of the pics are very helpful. I’ll bolt it all together, line it up, and mark it up. Thanks for providing the pics.

Auto Transport Service
Back