• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 charger hellcat

Go to SEMA sometime and see how many restored stock show ponies are there verses how many resto mods of all brands.
Apples and oranges, friend.
SEMA is an organization that is formed from aftermarket parts manufacturers, NOT OEM restorer parts suppliers.
Go to Chryslers at Carlisle or the Mopar Nationals in the OEM judging areas and see how many aftermarket intake manifolds, headers or 20 inch wheels you see.

Apples and oranges, friend.
SEMA is an organization that is formed from aftermarket parts manufacturers, NOT OEM restorer parts suppliers.
Go to Chryslers at Carlisle or the Mopar Nationals in the OEM judging areas and see how many aftermarket intake manifolds, headers or 20 inch wheels you see.

Good point, I would agree with that statement. The statement I disagree with is that restomod is a fad with the assumption that it will fade away. My point was/is that the aftermarket is catering to the restomod market and and not the restoration market. If restomod didnt have the following (read money) the aftermarket would not chase it.

when you restore a car thats basically it, sure it costs a lot to do so but once done it basically done; with restomod you can continue to change it as technology changes.

I like the trend of taking a classic body style and making it a better driving car. The cars we love were built to be comparable to the other cars of the day in terms of build quality, power, size and value. A 66 Chevelle wasn't really that better or worse of a car than a 66 Belvedere. Compare either of them to a 2020 model and you'll see that the classic only has a benefit of styling and beauty. The 2020 gets better fuel economy, is often more powerful, is more comfortable, is safer, cleaner running and reliable.
Take the modern engine and transmission and integrate it to the classic car body and have the best of both....Wooo!

Auto Transport Service
Back