• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Chevelle SS

Should I put this thread under a different title?

• Keep it as is.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Delete it completely?

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Put it under one of my Mopar threads?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change the title?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep posting more pics of this one project?

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donny

Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Ok, this is a 'test' here. As some of you know, I have some active threads about my MOPARS that I am working on, but, with my job taking me to parallel projects that pay me money, my own stuff gets moved to the back burner per se.

So, is there any objections to me posting away pics of this car, a car I Media Blasted, and am changing the floor, trunk, qtrs, right outside rocker panel, tail panel, doors on?

I'm hitting some neat and interesting situations whereas the GM cars are put together differently than our MOPARS were. Some easier, most harder to deal with.

So, I'll check back here, and if no 'griping', then I will post away, but, I do remember this is a MOPAR B Bodies site, and am not interested in posting (diluting) with non MOPAR stuff.

Thanks.

I certainly won't object, although it's not Mopar....it's still a collectable car of interest and the factory build differences should be interesting (and relevant to your other threads).
It's not as if you want to do a thread on pimping out a Datsun 120Y....entitled "Smack My Bitch Up"

I will object because there are a zillion other sites to post your shivvy. If we let one go then where do we draw the line? Pretty soon we will be posting pics of pimped out Datsun's.

I'd say go for it Donny...I can see the debate about having a bowtie on our mighty mopar sight, but on the flipside, illustrations and documentaion on your media blasting and body work on it definitly out weighs the fact it has a GM VIN, being it could be a learning tool for someone down the line.

Also the fact that the project is part of your livelihood and passion gives plenty more reason to post away.

Ok, itching to post some pics...if it has to come down later, then so be it, let's hope not though, I mean a set of Hoo-Hoos is a set of Hoo-Hoos right, no matter the color, or nationality? lol

Hoo-Hoo's??????:rolling: Never heard/used that term before...will tomorrow though, one way or another!

I'm giving Donny credit on this one, due to the fact that he started this as more of a Poll as apposed to blasting away with a controvertial thread.

I for one won't object...I like learning bout new things and a Chevelle is about the only brand X car i would even consider...

I know it's a MoPar site and all, but this is what brings home the bacon for Donny to work his magic on his MoPars and show us things we all love to see...a MoPar(s) brought back from the brink of extinction!!

Post away Donny Boy!!! :grin:

I'm all for Hoo-Hoos Too!:grin:
I am also for seeing the pics of the Chevelle, I would consider it no different than me posting my time in the Caribbean, It was a "Members Project" and also what I do for a living. In fact, I think it would even be more pertinant to this site than my silly trip to the Caribbean building windows!.:rolling:

I don't disagree either, however I think the thread should be labeled so as to warn any Mopar purists from having a retinal burnout...lol

B Bodies only

If you start putting Chevelle or Mustang photos and questions here I think I'll have to go and find another Mopar site. I am here for Mopars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I wanted to see other makes I would go to there sites.
Nothing personnel, I have other cars also, many other projects, but come here
for my Mopar fix !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2663.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2662.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2666.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2664.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2671.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2674.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00196.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00201.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00204.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00197.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00206.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2734.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2735.jpg
[/IMG]

I hired a guy from Jack's Paint Place to come over and shoot it in self-etch, they love side jobs!
IMG_2710.jpg
[/IMG]
New metal arrives, time to start removing old metal.
IMG00239.jpg
[/IMG]
Had to build a dolly/table to hold the car, and be able to move it around, plus, it will work for my MOPARS when I get to this stage; it's uber adjustable too!
IMG_2745.jpg
[/IMG]
Here's the space where the floor was, now, it's on the floor, literally!
IMG_2754.jpg
[/IMG]
These floor/qtr tie in brackets are stubborn to remove!
IMG_2749.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2762.jpg
[/IMG]
starting to remove the right outer rocker panel here.
IMG_2760.jpg
[/IMG]

One thing about the floor pans on this GM car is that the pan is sandwiched between the inner and out rocker panel, a real suckfest IMHO compared to our MOPARS whereas they are just layed on top of the rockers and welded on! So, my telling the guy about 7 hrs to do the floor was way under estimated. I don't do hack work, no air chisels until the spot welds are completely cut out, usually my air chisel gets no use as I get all the spot welds out. I am willing to be big shops just go crazy on removing the old stuff as time is money, and they are at $65.00 an hr here in this part of Texas, time is money!

More pics coming...

Last edited:
Cruzer, hopefully by your 3rd visit here you will see this site if FILLED with MOPARS, and, I was initially hesitant to post this Chevy thread as it's not mine, nor am I a GM guy, I have 3 MOPAR resto threads here, and, lots of peeps here have been pining away to see my latest 'work', however, it has not been on my GTX, Satellite, or 300, but on a Chevelle. I hope you don't lose confidence this is a true MOPAR site!

chevelle

Donny!! You had me feeling like I was cheating on my wife when I glanced at those pics..till I looked over my shoulder.

I know, I'm only posting/sharing b/c we all like car ****, and, since I am doing car **** stuff that I know many visitors here would like, I decided to share! Good one about looking over your shoulder! hahahahaha

Geez,that's a quality repair on that rear quarter Donny, now I know where i've been going wrong.......i'm off to invest in some pop rivets and brazing rods.

That's how it was done in the 70s here in the US! Then, cover it with Bondo!

Yeah,there's nothing worse than redoing someone elses previous mess.
More recently,i've heard of two cars comming in from the US, 1 GM item and the other a Mopar,both had new rear quarters fitted.........over the top of the old ones.

Who ever did it had simply smashed the living daylights out of the old quarters then birdshit welded the new ones over the top.
Never buy a car sight unseen is the lesson to be learnt there.

Auto Transport Service
Back