• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Coronet Brake Distribution block Question

Kiwi_Coronet

Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Hey team. Im having trouble getting a good brake on my High price Power-disc 70 Coronet 440 318 Auto.
My car was low mile and original, but it never had the 3rd brake valve on the chassis rail. Did they all have them, Did they only have them on big blocks?
Here is a sample picture, the fitting is on the rail, in-line with the bulkhead/Firewall.
image__25_.png

Likely air getting in the line.

I used all new parts on my 68 Satellite, but I had the 1 piece distribution block with internal metering valve. I couldn't get a good pedal, it was semi-spongy and never had good pedal feel or clamping force, but the car stopped ok. I chased and trouble-shot everything for years. Finally, I decided to get another new distribution block of the same type. Many of the offerings out there have poor reviews with the same type of issue I was facing. Poorly machined brass. I finally found one with good reviews and installled. Problem solved. The first new one I had I guess didn't have the internal brass seats just right so it would not completely seal.

Here's the one I had good luck with recently. Check out their 3 piece set up on Summit if you want to keep your existing configuration, but you could also use this 1 piece like I got.
Right Stuff Detailing PV71 Right Stuff Detailing Brake Proportioning Valves and Blocks | Summit Racing

I don't think the above is true. 70-72 B body used the KH single caliper and did use the distribution block, meter valve, and the rear proportioning valve. 3 pieces. Later they combined parts. The 70 service manual is your friend. Your picture is correct for 70 b body with B51 option regardless of engine.

I don't think the above is true. 70-72 B body used the KH single caliper and did use the distribution block, meter valve, and the rear proportioning valve. 3 pieces. Later they combined parts. The 70 service manual is your friend. Your picture is correct for 70 b body with B51 option regardless of engine.
Think what you want, I've seen examples of both, especially on E bodies & Fine Lines sells replacement brake line sets for both....

B and E are the same 70-72. The bracket that attaches the distribution block with meter valve was different for the E body. But the components were the same. This was a safety item. There was ""no leave off the meter valve or proportioning valve"" etc.... It was part of the system and well documented in the svm and technical training documents. Later years did have combined items as I mentioned. He has a 70.

B and E are the same 70-72. The bracket that attaches the distribution block with meter valve was different for the E body. But the components were the same. This was a safety item. There was ""no leave off the meter valve or proportioning valve"" etc.... It was part of the system and well documented in the svm and technical training documents. Later years did have combined items as I mentioned. He has a 70.
And yet the O/P's car never had one....

So every original car is perfectly original? :D Maybe we are talking past each other. Can the OP post a picture of what he has?

I pulled some of my old data to review, they did move to a 2 piece assembly post Jan70 before later years moved to single assembly. But it always included all 3 component: Dist, Meter, Prop for B&E disc brake cars. After Jan70 the Prop valve was combined with the distribution block as one piece. Meter stayed the same.

Google Master technician training conference 70-9 for detailed info and pictures.

Unfortunately the only pic i took has trans bracket in the way of where the '3rd one' mounts. There are visible holes in the rail where a mount tab might have located like the main block, but theres a clip there instead and the spring-wound brake line just shoots all the way back

Was a Kelsey Hayes unit

You have the 2 piece set up. The meter valve for controlling application of front disc is the top piece. The lower unit (one in your vice) is the combination distribution and proportioning valve. The proportion valve for the rear brakes is the left side in the vice. With the large hex head bolt screwed in. So you have everything necessary for the KH Disc set up for B and E. Your a post Jan70 set up.

Auto Transport Service
Back