• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Dodge Charger Redondo RS Radio

munkygreazy

Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
Looking to change out the stock radio and go with the Dodge Charger Redondo RS Radio that has the following features below. Do any of you have any experience with this product? Pros/Cons or is there another Radio head you would recommend?

Thanks!

Radio Features

• HD Radio® Technology
  • AM/FM RDS Tuner with 30 Presets
  • Built-in Bluetooth® Connectivity
  • 2 Rear USB Ports
  • Dedicated Subwoofer Output
  • SiriusXM-Ready™ (SXV300 tuner sold separately)
  • 2-Year Warranty

I'd recommend reading the manual online first, if it's on their site. I have the thumbwheel version in my 69. The controls take some getting used to. The assembly wasn't a bolt-in like a factory radio. I had to assemble the buttons, display, and thumbwheels to the chassis - all separate pieces. The display isn't a duplicate of the factory look without the optional 'sticker" - which makes it look different more. Find some pics of a 70 online and make sure you're good with it. I'd likely get an AM converted if I had to do it over again.

I'd recommend reading the manual online first, if it's on their site. I have the thumbwheel version in my 69. The controls take some getting used to. The assembly wasn't a bolt-in like a factory radio. I had to assemble the buttons, display, and thumbwheels to the chassis - all separate pieces. The display isn't a duplicate of the factory look without the optional 'sticker" - which makes it look different more. Find some pics of a 70 online and make sure you're good with it. I'd likely get an AM converted if I had to do it over again.

[/URL]

Demonic, wow Thank you for the feedback and that information! Very helpful and will keep you posted on what I decide…… leaning towards getting the original converted now.

I bought one of those Redondo radios for my 68 Charger years ago. The thumb dials had so many functions that I could never retain what each one does. It sounded crappy, had lousy FM range & even worse AM signal and would lose its presets when the battery cable was disconnected. I got so fed up with it that I took it out and threw it in the trash.

I can help with the conversion or your radio. Or, I have one in stock already converted and ready to go. If you are interested PM me for more info. Joe

Last edited:
I bought one of those Redondo radios for my 68 Charger years ago. The thumb dials had so many functions that I could never retain what each one does. It sounded crappy, had lousy FM range & even worse AM signal and would lose its presets when the battery cable was disconnected. I got so fed up with it that I took it out and threw it in the trash.
Thanks Richard, am Seriously looking now into just sending mine in for an upgrade kit. Looking for someone reputable that knows what they are doing.

I think I may go with a radio delete plate in my 68 and then find a bluetooth hub I can connect some speakers to and hide it all.

Auto Transport Service
Back